Dread Loop

FortifyThisMFker!

Hello everyone,

My name is Jason and this is my first project in Leadwerks. I started working on it just before the start of October after watching the LUA scripting tutorial series. I have some coding background in c++ so the shift to LUA wasn't so tough, I can't wait to start working with Leadwerks and the c++ pro version after this little project.

The project is called Dread Loop and its a enemy wave survival mixed with rogue like elements. The mixture I was going for was Doom mixed with Binding of Isacc. As great as that sounds I don't think its a close to that cool as I wanted it to be. I also hope that this kinda fits the competition rules, as there wont be any winning the game, just competition to get to the highest round you can.

** New itch.io page ** :
https://notaclevername.itch.io/dread-loop

Dread Loop Standalone Version 2

Controls:

Move - WSAD
Sprint - Hold Shift
Fire - Hold Mouse 1
Jump - Space
Spin 180 - Right Mouse

Update 2 Video

• Like 6

I updated the original post to include a link to the standalone version.

I didn't realize that the main.lua had to be modified to load the main.map, by default the code has a map called start.map, maybe I missed that somewhere when I began making the project. Another thing I'm not sure about is why the Community Workshop version launches and closes right away.

Looking good, I commented on a couple of your WIP vids you put on YouTube a few weeks ago - glad to see you're posting here too. 

Don't worry too much, my game also does not launch from the Leadwerks Game Launcher so I've had to upload Nightmare Prism as standalone too. 

10 hours ago, Angelwolf said:

Looking good, I commented on a couple of your WIP vids you put on YouTube a few weeks ago - glad to see you're posting here too. 

Don't worry too much, my game also does not launch from the Leadwerks Game Launcher so I've had to upload Nightmare Prism as standalone too. 

It was your YouTube comment that pretty much nudged me into joining the forum and showcasing this small project. Thanks Angelwolf.

And Thanks Josh, big thank you for pointing out the backup system.

I've updated the project with a weapon model, game play tweaks and more sound effects and music. I might be able to get one more small update in by next weekend to complete the project.

Last update before I go on vacation for a couple weeks and in time for Halloween. This update includes the following changes and additions:
- Updated the enemy sound to mono to get that 3d sound. Now you can tell where the enemies are spawning from by ear.
- Modified weapon upgrade color system.
- Removed Jet Pack and Double Jump.
- Added a gore system and gib's. *Instagib when the weapon damage is more than the enemy health, plus a bit (can be seen in the second half of the update video)
- Added weapon recoil biased on weapon attributes.

that's about it, enjoy and good luck!

• Like 1