Free updates for life = dead company walking.  You can be sure any software you like that uses this model will die out in a couple years unfortunately.

We’re actually moving towards a subscription model, but the single licenses will still be available for those who want that.  Leadwerks 5 will cost something, although I have not thought about the pricing for existing users.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Portal 2 GLaDOS said:

Since no one has responded to me I decided to get a refund, I assume the engine will just stop being updated and I wont get my moneys worth like Thirsty Panther.

Sorry to hear. But perhaps you should have read more into the dev blog that was posted - it's clear that it's going to be updated constantly.

Leadwerks 4.x will continue to receive updates at no cost.  Leadwerks 5 is in development, will cost money, but it is very far away from being released, and it will probably be in beta for more than a year.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.