Selling a game ?

MikkelWesth1

Hello guys so I have a question I need to ask you and Im not trying to be rude to Leadwerks thats not my intention. If I want to sell my game on steam is it then possible to create and convert the game so that I can sell it on steam without having to pay 20% of the money i get from selling the game to Leadwerks legally ? Thanks

Currently I am reading the tutorial on how to use Leadwerks and this is what I found : https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=Tutorials_Editor_Workshop

Under the 6th image in the tutorial it says : 

Leadwerks Software will review and may make your item available for purchase.  You will receive 50% of sales of your item directly from Valve each month via wire transfer.  Valve will keep 30% of each sale, and 20% will go to Leadwerks Software.  A $100 minimum balance is required to initiate a payment.  If this amount if not met in a month, it will carry over until it is reached.

So I'm a bit confused about how to sell my game and how much of the outcast I get if I sold my game

Fun fact I actually don't have created a game yet I'm just curious.

Btw if i want to sell my game without having it on the Leadwerks Game Launcher could i then export it as a standalone game and then try to sell it on steam ?

and thanks for your answere ;-)

On 10/29/2017 at 5:50 PM, MikkelWesth1 said:

Currently I am reading the tutorial on how to use Leadwerks and this is what I found : https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=Tutorials_Editor_Workshop

Under the 6th image in the tutorial it says : 

Leadwerks Software will review and may make your item available for purchase.  You will receive 50% of sales of your item directly from Valve each month via wire transfer.  Valve will keep 30% of each sale, and 20% will go to Leadwerks Software.  A $100 minimum balance is required to initiate a payment.  If this amount if not met in a month, it will carry over until it is reached.

So I'm a bit confused about how to sell my game and how much of the outcast I get if I sold my game

Fun fact I actually don't have created a game yet I'm just curious.

Btw if i want to sell my game without having it on the Leadwerks Game Launcher could i then export it as a standalone game and then try to sell it on steam ?

and thanks for your answere ;-)

This is for workshop assets not for games. And you can't sell games on Game Launcher.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2017 at 4:26 PM, jen said:

Okay. Yea, that only applies for games you publish on LE Game Launcher. You don't have to publish your game on the Game Launcher.

You have the option to create a standalone version of your game from Leadwerks Editor.

Ok so if I create a standalone version of the game in theory it is possible to sell the game on steam ?