Self made decals not working

Hauser

Running into some difficulties with blurry terrain texture i was trying to solve them using decals.

I painted a texture, added an alpa channel, saved it as a tga file. imported into leadwerks, created a normal map, made it a material...

same with png format...

i copied all the settings from the engine decals... besides the fact the material got all red when Z-sort was unchecked

down below is the result... i can run into the cube and see the decal on its walls but not painted onto the terrain.

my question now is what did you guys do to get working decals or the other way round what did i do wrong?

Decal1.jpg

Mat1.jpg

Mat2.jpg

Interesting thought. i dont know yet if it is possible to define prefabs (tree and decal) as vegetation layer. If it is possible to assign the decal shader to parts of a model this would save a lot of work. i will sure give it a try as soon as i am home. 

I built a Tree with a box as a limb, named that box decal assuming it might work sort of similar to a collision mesh namewise.

Imported the model into the engine and assigned the materials.

Mesh02.thumb.jpg.51d8721fd760a2857bd5a184ed5c2bed.jpg

Mesh03.thumb.jpg.1b217659bb838768580c928c1b0ccf4d.jpg

Simply naming a box decal doesnt make it a decal. To bad...

Wouldnt it be a great feature?