[SOLVED] Editor viewport unable to move camera

GorzenDev

Turning/Moving the camera in the perspective viewport stopped working for some reason.
It whas working fine yesterday.

This is using leadwerks 4.4.

The things that do work is:
Panning/Zooming (scroll wheel).

The things that dont work anymore:
Moving (ASWD).
Up/Down (QE).
Panning (Arrow Keys).

Is this a bug or did i accidentally change a option somewhere? (i've tried changing some options in config but no changes)

I just had this issue myself tonight- only way I was able to resolve was to reboot my pc. Restarting the editor from steam, updating from 4.4 to 4.5 beta, and restarting steam then the editor did not resolve the issue. Rebooted and all is well.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I would opt into the beta but nothing has changed here that would cause such behavior.  And by your own description it was working one day and then the next day it stopped working.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'm baffled as to where the problem may lay, like you said nothing has changed either in LE or on my PC.

I'm also reluctant to opt into beta and rather wait for stable release, as in my opinion developing a game with a version that is prone to (big)changes could end into more work for me.

Using cpp so luckily the editor is only used during map development.
So for now i think i choose to wait and continue work on the map once 4.5 is no longer beta.

Just now, GorzenDev said:

I'm baffled as to where the problem may lay, like you said nothing has changed either in LE or on my PC.

I'm also reluctant to opt into beta and rather wait for stable release, as in my opinion developing a game with a version that is prone to (big)changes could end into more work for me.

Using cpp so luckily the editor is only used during map development.
So for now i think i choose to wait and continue work on the map once 4.5 is no longer beta.

You know it takes about five seconds to switch in between versions?  You don't have to update your project, just try the editor and see if it works any differently.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hmm i did that just now and the problem persists..
actually starting to worry a bit now.

So this is what's happening in detail:

When pressing and holding right mouse button in the perspective viewport, the cursor gets hidden as it should.
Moving the mouse does not rotate the camera, better yet the mouse actually appears when moving outside the viewport rectangle.

• Josh locked this topic