Vehicle moving problem (LE 4.5)

Rocko

Hello. Function in Vehicle class "SetAcceleration" don't work after update. The car stand still and isn't driving, only work steering function and is moving by inertia.  I used lua script for create vehicle. Please, help me!
Code of my test script:

function Script:Start()

vehicle = Vehicle:Create(self.entity)
	local tiremodel={}
	table.insert(tiremodel,4)

for i=0,3 do
		tiremodel[i]=self.entity:FindChild("w"..i)
		tiremodel[i]:SetShape(nil)
		if i < 2 then
			vehicle:AddTire(tiremodel[i],true)
		else
			vehicle:AddTire(tiremodel[i])
		end
	end
	vehicle:AddAxle(0,1)
	vehicle:AddAxle(2,3)

if vehicle:Build()==false then 
		Debug:Error("Failed to build vehicle.") 
	end

vehicle:SetEngineRunning(true)
	vehicle:SetTransmissionMode(true)
	vehicle:SetHandBrakes(0)
end

function Script:UpdatePhysics()

local steering=0
	if window:KeyDown(Key.A) then steering=steering+30 end
	if window:KeyDown(Key.D) then steering=steering-30 end
	vehicle:SetSteering(steering)

local gas=0
	if window:KeyDown(Key.W) then gas=gas + 0.1 end
	if window:KeyDown(Key.S) then gas=gas - 0.1 end

vehicle:SetBrakes(0)
	vehicle:SetHandBrakes(0)
	vehicle:SetAcceleration(gas)
end

You are correct. Sorry for the confusion. Vehicles are temporarily out of commission while they are being worked on. You can switch to version 4.3 and they will work. To do this right click on Leadwerks in Steam and select "Properties" in the context menu that appears. There will be an option to revert to version 4.3.

• Sad 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Okaaaay, i'm sad :(When will be vehicle fix?

1 hour ago, Josh said:

You are correct. Sorry for the confusion. Vehicles are temporarily out of commission while they are being worked on. You can switch to version 4.3 and they will work. To do this right click on Leadwerks in Steam and select "Properties" in the context menu that appears. There will be an option to revert to version 4.3.

2 hours ago, Rocko said:

Okaaaay, i'm sad :(When will be vehicle fix?

I hope 4.6 will have it in January. Thanks for being patient.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 6 months later...
On 12/22/2017 at 6:56 PM, Josh said:

I hope 4.6 will have it in January. Thanks for being patient.

Mr Josh, i update my leadwerks to 4.6 beta, but car isn't still moving. When do you fix it? :(  

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Rocko said:

Mr Josh, i update my leadwerks to 4.6 beta, but car isn't still moving. When do you fix it? :(  

I guess it's a long way off, he's now 100% busy on leadwerks 5 ("Turbo") and Leadwerks is not his priority at the moment. 

I'm in Europe right now and I don't have my Linux machine here, so there is no easy way to send out an update. I have to either go back to the U.S. or have my equipment shipped here.

One of those things will happen, but that is why I am not working on this right now. If there is an emergency or something, I can always go back to California and fix something, but I prefer to wait until I have to.

josh you you should have open a port on your firewall to point to port 22 of the Linux box then you could ssh in 

this is how my box are setup, but dont use default 22 on the firewall use a different port

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

9 minutes ago, carlb said:

josh you you should have open a port on your firewall to point to port 22 of the Linux box then you could ssh in 

this is how my box are setup, but dont use default 22 on the firewall use a different port

I was considering setting up something like LogMeIn but there is none for Linux. Unfortunately, I can't just compile, I have to test as well. I actually did use the Leadwerks server a couple months ago to compile a Linux program from Visual Studio when I was investigating NAT punch-through, before I decided to use Steam's P2P networking system.

My brother has access to all my stuff so if I need he can set the machines up. But if I stay in Europe much longer I will just have the stuff shipped here. I just got word of some work I'd like to use our technology for, that is located in the U.S., so who knows what will happen.

there a linux teamviewer  am sure there was a liunx logmein but that was a while back 

there other remote access program around on Linux that just as good

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

I'm going to get one of these and transfer one of my old computers into it. Then I can travel with it and still swap GPUs and operating systems:

e6h7cal7bbzy.thumb.jpg.30e269b56af2989f444ff05966b09f2f.jpg

• Confused 1

• 7 months later...
  • Josh locked this topic