Publish game problem

tipforeveryone

I publish my game as Standalone version with "Only include used files" checked

When I double click mygame.exe, a window appears and suddenly disappear without any error warning, I guess my game are lacking of some files but I don't know which one

Then I publish with "Only include used files" unchecked and my game run properly but with a huge size package

I suppose it is fine with included used files but it is not.

btw, is there any way to point out which file my game lacks.

You can create a bat file to launch your game and read the printed output, like this:

mygame.exe
pause

You have the coolest user name on Leadwerks.com BTW. Every time I see it I think "Yay, everyone gets tips!"

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

That does not make any sense. The program should print out a few lines of text at least.

Maybe I put a wrong content for the .bat file, here is my published project.

can you help me to point out which lacked files, I don't want to pack every unused files for the game to run. I have plenty of them in my project folder and they are about 4 GB

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj1knh7z5x8b2sd/CSCDVMP.zip?dl=0

Just now, tipforeveryone said:

Woww. show me how can I get this ? :D

Put that command in your .bat file. It will output it in output.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

---

Scott

Using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit/Core I7-2700K @ 4312mhz/24G RAM/Nvidia GTX 1060

@Jazz Thank you for show me this

@Josh

I found out a problem, there are some missing folders in published game, see image below.
There is something to be worked on "Only include used file" option when publishing game

Leadwerks only include files which are used in existed map, not in code

example, "Menu" folder contain all textures which I use Texture:Load() for and they are not included in.

image.png.eab7f3333c7bb63a18a972e5eed59a3f.png

The editor DOES scan your Lua and CPP code files to look for any files that might be needed. However, if your name is created programmatically, like "MyFile" + ".tex" then there is no way to include it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

46 minutes ago, Josh said:

The editor DOES scan your Lua and CPP code files to look for any files that might be needed. However, if your name is created programmatically, like "MyFile" + ".tex" then there is no way to include it.

Thanks for pointing this out. I have a plenty of code like this. "something" .. self.variable .. ".tex" :) this is not a bug finally. you should put this as a Note (with red color) in the Publish window. I think