Eco System Layer

helmers

I think it should be possible to attach not one model to a vegatation layer but a whole list. When you draw or populate the layer then it randomly places the models. This is a little bit simmilar to the eco system in Vue but of course not as elaborated. I asume that it should be faily simple to implement.

Then one could define a forrest layer that has a bunch of variants of the tree (what else are Pure3D's tree sets for!), some bushes and also some floor covering flowers/herbs.

A luxury version of that whould be if you could assign 'wights' to the models to influence the random selection of the model (have three times more bushes than trees, ...).

If you really want to go for it you can later enhace it with a lot of additional rules (or have a scripting acces) simmilar to Vue.

That would look much better with less work and also helps to get around the limit of 16 vegetation layers. Because now you have 16 different eco systems at hand!

Ceterum censeo terranum esse dividam est! (I want to enter a value below 1m as a value for terrain)

Hardware: Q6700@3.25GHz / GForce 9800GTX / 4 GB / 1.5 TB + 128GB SSD / Wacom Tablet / 3D Mouse /27"HD + 20" Monitor / Win7 Pro 64Bit

2D Software: PhotoShopPro X2, Texture Maker, Genetica 3.5

3D Software: Cinema 4D V11 + Advanced Renderer, Vue 7 Infinite, 3D Coat V3, Quidam 3, Grome 2, Tree Magic, Plant Life

Development: VS 2008/2010, XNA 3, OpenProj, Leadwerk Engine V2, Sunburn pro

I think painting the vegetation with the paint tools is much faster and you can work very precisely.

I hope Josh will include the possibity to draw/erase more then one vegetation model type at once with 2.32. This would save a lot of more time.

So you set up your vegetation types (density, etc...) select the ones you want to paint and start painting. This is how Crysis does it and I really miss it in LE so far. :)

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments