Earth From Space

GSFC_1

Leadwerks crew, 

Please let me know what you think. Working on a space based "game" and have a little point floating out in space in Low-Earth Orbit around the earth. The model of the earth is set 3200 ft, and the point in space is about a 14 foot object. When i back away from the earth, the viewport clips the Earth out of the view. Is there a way to set the Viewport camera view so that it runs out further? 

Also, I need to find a way to create a shader that will switch between a texture, depending on whether direct light is hitting it or no light other than ambient is hitting it. 

Essentially, I need a blend shader that can detect direct or ambient light. 

The last thing I wanted to know about is, the atmospheric glow around the earth. I can imagine a post effect being created, but i need a way to calculate the 90-degree angle. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Summary : 

- Viewport clips large models, how can I circumvent this? 
           - Light Dark Shader

- Fresnel Shader to simulate the earth shine. 

Any ideas? Anyone? 

Click the Learn header at the top of page and it will take you to the Leadwerks documentation. If you look at the Entity>Camera documentation, you will see camera class functions. One of these functions, SetRange(), will perform what you are wanting.

https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=API-Reference_Object_Entity_Camera_SetRange

There are a lot of good examples and information in the documentation. It will benefit you to become familiar with it.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I can control camera clipping in the Simulation, I am referring to being able to see objects in the Leadwerks Editor. Also, i have gone through the API's, some of us are not programmers, we are trying but we are artists by profession. I have tried to go into the API's over the course of a year with Leadwerks, but I am not able to figure out exactly how to script things properly, especially when you get into post processing, mesh tessellation, creating advanced shaders, etc. 

Also, some of the API's are a bit vague and, I think, may need some more descriptive details added. I know a lot of people will say "NO" but, its not just programmers coming to this site. 

Edited by GSFC_1
Did not finish original post.