Question about Le 5

freeflyklown

Hi,

I have some questions regarding LE5:

- Will LE 5 be only available as a subscription product? What will be the final price?

- Will LE5 be bound to steam like the current version (standard and pro)

- Is LE5 being whipped with full sourcecode?

- How will the licensing for LE5 look like? Are there royalties?

- Is there documentation available already?

Thanks a lot!

All answers are found scattered throughout the company blogs.

1. Josh said in his blog that it would be available as a subscription as well as a single purchase. 
  2. not sure. I know Josh is looking for other options because Steam was changing their policies.
  3. I don't think so. There might be a special license that includes full source but I doubt that would be cheap. It was mentioned that the editor was going to be opensource, but that is just speculation.
  4. No royalties
  5. No, apart from the blogs.

Editor will not be open source. It’s way too valuable for that. I do plan on a plug-in system to allow expansion. I want to get back to doing paid updates every 18-24 months. A subscription or regular purchased license will probably be available. No word on price but I have a good idea of what the right pricing is for people.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

.M know of a uk based engine that charges £40 for the engune and this includes free updates for one year.from date of purchase. They also have a free version with no updates. With the commercial version of course updating is optional.maybe something along these lines might work ok.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

I think you should have a live and beta, version, like you do at the moment, otherwise you will have users on different versions, some reporting bugs that have already been fixed, which will annoy anyone maintaining code. Users who want stability can use a previous version, but it would be unlikely to be fixed, should a bug be found, in that version. So basically as it is now with LE4.