Miscrosoft Visual Studio 2010 and C++0x

Masterxilo

Just learned that MS Visual Studio 2010 was released some hours ago.

There are some new features in both the IDE (e.g. new design, faster Intellisense) and the language, look it up:

The only problem is, that one has to learn all those new great things... :unsure: xD

pity no more stanard edition. i won't have the funds any time soon to buy the £500 professional upgrade version. so i'll just stick with 2008 and use the c# 2010 express version. i do think the new IDE can be slow to respond to updating references at times. so i get errors underlined that are not errors at all.

Q6600, GTX 560Ti, 8GB DDR2, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

There is no need for a Standard edition. There is Express edition (free), and Professional Edition, and various Enterprise editions.

You can also compile 64-bit programs with the Express edition, but you need to configure it for that manually. It's an default option in the Professional Edition.

Although I have also Professional and Enterprise Edition, I prefer to use the Express Edition, because it's much faster to load and not so bloated with features I will never use.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

There is no need for a Standard edition. There is Express edition (free), and Professional Edition, and various Enterprise editions.

Unless you want to use ATL or MFC without all the features of the Professional Edition and the cost.

Intel Core i7 975 @ 3.33GHz, 6GB ram, GTX 560 Super OC, Windows 7 Pro 64bit