I want to create smoke effect like this

tipforeveryone

thats a good video .. but how can i control the pictures in a sprite sheet? the spritesheet shader like the "firepit" shader from shadmar starts random in the individual pictures of a sprite sheets. In the case of fire this is not a problem, with explosions or with Gun Effects it should begin however with the first picture. I have such a spritesheet (muzzleflash .. a bullet and smokes but it does not start on the first picture. And creating an effect with maybe 20 seperatly bictures is a bit exhausting (I hope you understand my english :) )

Does the firepit really start random (I don't know)?  If it does, it seems like that could be changed in the shader code.  Beyond that, there is probably a program or two out there that helps with animating things like this and batch exporting individual frames for you.  I believe you can also copy pixels from one texture to another so you can also separate a sprite sheet into multiple textures that way.

You can set the number of animation cycles:
https://www.leadwerks.com/learn?page=API-Reference_Object_Entity_Emitter_SetAnimationCycles

I think it will start at frame 0 if only one cycle is set but I am not sure. If that is not the case then I will change that to be the default behavior.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 1 month later...