Problem with startup on steam edition

20 hours ago, tipforeveryone said:

I experienced this once, you can try one of methods below

• On steam client > Menu Views > Settings > Goto Downloads (on the left) > CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE > Re login steam client
  • Remove Leadwerks and reinstall it
  • Reinstal VC Redist package

Hope this helps :)

Thanks but nothing worked i used the actual exe in the files and it said reinstalling did not work

2018-03-19_19-39-35.gif

11 minutes ago, gamecreator said:

That error is specifically because the Visual C++ Redistributable isn't installed correctly (the third item tipforeveryone mentioned).  Are you sure you installed it?  Looks like you can get it from Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

I tried that but it looks like im missing the cmd's for 2013 i did a repair and reinstall of 2013 64x and 86x. not sure where to get the cmd's from

2018-03-19_20-06-06.gif

This is automatically installed by Steam. I only check a checkbox in the Steam interface, and they add the redistributables and run them automatically when the app installs.

So we know what the problem is at least but I can't tell you how to solve that unfortunately. It's a rare occurrence.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 3 weeks later...

Encountering the same problem with steam ... seems to crash on startup ... my steam Library is on a secondary SDD raid (I do not use C) for steam content.

I have followed the steps for the redist installation and still nothing seems to launch ... is there a way to get messages as per a log to see what the engine is missing ?

Yours truly.