RAM Usage Spike

brndx

I discovered that if the SetTerrainQuality method is called outside of the app start function or if sound files are placed in an archive when loading a new map the ram usage will increase to more than double its usual amount before terminating with a "failed to set shadowmap texture" or "gl_framebuffer_incomplete_attachment" so I've had to remove the terrain option from my settings and keep the sound files unprotected making them accessible to anyone.

The terrain quality thing sounds normal to me, especially if you are using the highest setting. The audio compression does not make sense to me, because system memory and GPU memory are two different things.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You posted this Monday without any example, which makes it very hard to test, and then wrote a negative review on Steam. I’m not sure if that means I should prioritize this or if it a lost cause. I am a fan of your game and it is very disappointing to read that.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The review was not written because of some knee jerk response rather it was the result of my four years of experience with the engine and the disappointment from players regarding the lack of certain common features such as pausing a game when focus on the game window is lost.

• Josh locked this topic
  • Josh unlocked this topic
  • Josh locked this topic