aiaf

Ubuntu 18.04 and Leadwerks

Ubuntu 18.04 was just released and is a lts version i did a fresh install on my laptop.

So i can report Leadwerks is working well.

After installing a bunch of missing dependencies, got lots of errors on linking:

/usr/bin/x86_64-linux-gnu-ld: Source/Libs/Leadwerks/Library/Linux/Debug/Leadwerks.a(dgCollisionChamferCylinder.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against symbol `_ZTV26dgCollisionChamferCylinder' can not be used when making a PIE object; recompile with -fPIC

The fix was to add in CXX_FLAGS -no-pie option. Dont know the details of this but solved the issue.

Cheers

• Thanks 2

Keep in mind you might run into an issue in which the engine will require libcurl3 but the OS has libcurl4 installed by default (or vise versa.)

• Like 1

A short while ago I post the libcurl issue on the Steam discussion with the title "Ubuntu 18.04 -> `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found". Later I figured out a workaround, but it requires the Professional Edition DLC.

"Looks like a workaround has been found. If a project is opened up using the Leadwerks editor, and attempted to run it fails, due to the problem indicated above. However, if the project is opened up in Codeblocks, recompiled, and then reopened up in Leadwerks it will run as it should. This test was performed using Leadwerks 4.5 and requires the Profession Edition DLC."