Full screen no working 4.6 :(

Yue

And this continues to happen when you unplug the HDMI cable going to your second monitor?

What is your Windows scaling factor for the primary display?

Do you have the standard edition of Leadwerks? Can you try adding a call to SetProcessDPIAware()?

There are also some settings you can mess around with if you right-click on the EXE and choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility" from the popup menu. You might find something in there that effects how it runs on your computer.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Yes, this behavior continues if I unplug the HDMI cable of the second monitor. 

The scaling factor of my primary display is 125%, but this also happens if I have it set to 100% (thus, both monitors 1 and 2 are set to the same scaling).

I have the pro edition of Leadwerks, despite not being a programmer. ;) Can you tell me where to add the SetProcessDPIAware() and if there are any parameters I need to set?

Running your testscreen app via Troubleshoot Compatibility did not turn up anything and I tried several different parameters.

Creating professional 2D and 3D content is my passion!
Monkey Frog Studio

I tried setting the process to be DPI aware but that causes some other issues because the screen resolution detection is designed to return scaled dimensions.

One thing I could do is design the next build to be DPI-aware and scale the GUI up, but that will take more time. And it isn't necessarily a good idea.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

After talking to @Argent Arts trying to figure out what was happening I managed to reproduce the problem.

I have two screens of the same model both set to a resolution of 1920x1080 (which is their native resolution) in which full screen works fine.

If I set one or both of these to a resolution below their native, the problem happens.

@Argent Arts is using two screens as well, but both are different models and have different native resolutions.  By setting the lower native resolution screen to the primary Leadwerks ran in full screen but only on that screen, not the bigger one.

I'm not sure how Leadwerks manages full-screen mode, but from what looks to be happening, it seems Leadwerks is using the correct resolution of the screen for it's window, but is somehow scaling the result down as if the screen was still using it's native resolution.

The scaling options for Windows 10 would also do this because it would scale it up to be different from the native as well.

I'm not positive but with the Issue of the Leadwerks window appearing off screen, probably relates to the difference between native and current resolutions too.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this problem by changing their screen resolution?

Just had a thought and looked at it again, when Leadwerks runs it is actually changing the screens resolution back to native ;)

EDIT : I changed my primary screen to 1680x1050 and had two black bars on the sides due to the aspect ratio.  When Leadwerks ran these bars disappeared.

Did you see my earlier replies Josh?  I managed to replicate the problem like this.

• Thanks 1

Well, I have tested Josh's test program, in 100% of Windows scale, this works well, however when I go to scale 125% this no longer works, I get the impression that by changing the scale certain resolutions are no longer valid.  In other words, it is not possible to launch the test executable.  

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

Try this. All I did was make a call to SetWindowPos() after creating the window, setting the position back to 0,0.

It will just be a spinning blue box in the middle of the screen, with no menu.

screentest2.zip

Nope. Same issue. It's not full-screen (desktop can be seen to the right and bottom). I cannot tell if any of it is off-screen because hitting escape simply exits the program (instead of showing game controls). But it looked like it wasn't off screen to me (though I could be wrong).

Monkey Frog Studio

Yes, I'm testing the second test that you have published, and when you change the scale in windows, from 100% to 125% the executable does not launch the test application, because apparently some resolutions when you change the screen are no longer v

I will make a video...

Okay, now we have something.

If I set my 4K monitor to have a resolution of 1920x1080, then Leadwerks resets the display resolution back to 3840x2160, but the created window is only 1920x1080.

I think what is happening is the change display resolution setting needs to be scaled (up or down, not sure which).

@Monkey Frog Studio If you set your monitor to the native resolution does this work properly?

ok, I launched test 2, if it works properly even on full screen, however I can not change the screen resolution, because if it is at the highest supported by my monitor, well, but if I start to change down in lower screen resolution does not work.  Cube Blue.

• Like 1

If I run MyGame.exe, it's the same as I reported in my previous post (nothing happens). If I run test.bat, I get the dialog stating to press any key. Once I do, it simply disappears. So, even though test.bat is set to run MyGame.exe, it doesn't run.

Just for FYI - I created a folder on my desktop and dumped all the files from the ZIP into it and ran it from there. 

Monkey Frog Studio

Okay, you might need to wait for an official update.

The good news is I found the cause, and whoever said it didn't occur in older versions was correct. I was going to make Leadwerks DPI aware and implemented the changes, but I decided against it right before release. But not all the changes were changed back.

Turbo will be DPI-aware only, but I think for Leadwerks it is best to keep things as they are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Josh said:

De acuerdo, es posible que tengas que esperar una actualización oficial.

La buena noticia es que encontré la causa, y quien dijo que no ocurrió en versiones anteriores fue correcta. Iba a hacer que Leadwerks DPI supiera e implementé los cambios, pero decidí no hacerlo justo antes del lanzamiento. Pero no todos los cambios fueron cambiados de nuevo.

Turbo solo tendrá conocimiento de DPI, pero creo que para Leadwerks es mejor mantener las cosas como están.

I've tried MyGameExe, you see the cube rotating, but I can't change the resolution, i.e. when you press escape you leave the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yue said:

When scaling from 100% to 125% scale the executable cannot be launched. Nothing happens when you click on the executable.

This seems to be because when you change the scale the screen resolution is no longer valid.

What resolution is your desktop set to?

What is your monitor's native resolution?

1 hour ago, Yue said:

When scaling from 100% to 125% scale the executable cannot be launched. Nothing happens when you click on the executable.

This seems to be because when you change the scale the screen resolution is no longer valid.

Hmmm, I actually get the same thing! 100% works fine, 200% works fine, 125% fails to start...

1 hour ago, Josh said:

What resolution is your desktop set to?

What is your monitor's native resolution?

image.png.650dfbd49ef893036834721a26d4186c.png

I have it configured as a screen time. 

I have two types of resolutions available, one is called ULTRA HD, HD, SD.

The other refers to the PC.
image.png.5a28c559a2a8468d046afe8e6e06411f.png

The native is the one who merits the screen. 1024 x 768, well I think so. On resolution Pc.

image.png.5f953c546a1b719aa925c5ce2c450473.png

i would say what make and model of monitor  you have, as your screen shots dont say much about it, but 1024x768 native seem very low spec 

when you monitor is 1080p spec and that not 4k 

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

• Josh locked this topic