Full screen no working 4.6 :(

Yue

Thanks again, Yue, but this is not resolving my problem. My main screen is large, 3840x2160. My Nvidia Control Panel settings are identical to yours. Because this screen is large, I already had scaling set to 125%, but I had also tried 100%. It doesn't seem to matter which settings I use, Leadwerks will not go full screen. With Window.Center, it fills the screen from left to right, but the top and bottom show the desktop (or the Leadwerks editor). 

I'm getting concerned about trying to develop my project in Leadwerks if I cannot figure out why I cannot run it in full screen.

Creating professional 2D and 3D content is my passion!
Monkey Frog Studio

4 minutes ago, Argent Arts said:

Thanks again, Yue, but this is not resolving my problem. My main screen is large, 3840x2160. My Nvidia Control Panel settings are identical to yours. Because this screen is large, I already had scaling set to 125%, but I had also tried 100%. It doesn't seem to matter which settings I use, Leadwerks will not go full screen. With Window.Center, it fills the screen from left to right, but the top and bottom show the desktop (or the Leadwerks editor). 

I'm getting concerned about trying to develop my project in Leadwerks if I cannot figure out why I cannot run it in full screen.

Try to go down from 100% to 75% or 50%, my current screen is 21 inches and my theory is that if it's too big the screen has to go down a little bit more. 

5 minutes ago, Yue said:

Try to go down from 100% to 75% or 50%, my current screen is 21 inches and my theory is that if it's too big the screen has to go down a little bit more. 

Thanks, but I don't think that is a proper solution. If we publish a game with Leadwerks, I don't think it should be expected of the end-user to have to adjust their scaling in Windows. Fullscreen should just work. 

• Upvote 2

Monkey Frog Studio

Just now, Argent Arts said:

Thanks, but I don't think that is a proper solution. If we publish a game with Leadwerks, I don't think it should be expected of the end-user to have to adjust their scaling in Windows. Fullscreen should just work. 

It's that part of the problem is Windows 10 and part of Leadwerks, if you download to Leadwerks 4.3 the problem does not happen. 

Something happened from version 4.3 onwards. At least I feel confident that this will happen to another user, and there are at least two of us who can make noise in this area.

I just tried it with display scaling at 125% and everything worked fine. This is the window creation code, from the default main.lua file:

--Create a window
local windowstyle = 0
local winwidth
local winheight
local gfxmode = System:GetGraphicsMode(System:CountGraphicsModes()-1)
if System:GetProperty("devmode")=="1" then
	gfxmode.x = math.min(1280,gfxmode.x)
	gfxmode.y = Math:Round(gfxmode.x * 9 / 16)
	windowstyle = Window.Titlebar
else
	gfxmode.x = System:GetProperty("screenwidth",gfxmode.x)
	gfxmode.y = System:GetProperty("screenheight",gfxmode.y)
	windowstyle = Window.Fullscreen
end
window=Window:Create(title,0,0,gfxmode.x,gfxmode.y,windowstyle)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Please ensure you are using the EXEs from the current build on the beta branch. I don't think anything here has changed, but just to make sure we are all on the same page.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Right. That's the same code that's in my main.lua file, but Leadwerks will not run at full screen, even when the "game" is published. Instead, it runs in a borderless window that stuck to the top-left of my screen (as in the screen shots the OP posted). I've tried various resolutions, too. 

Again, I am only getting this issue with Leadwerks projects. All other games open to full screen with no issues.

Out of curiosity, Josh - have you tried this on a dual monitor system?

EDIT - Yes, this was tested on the current beta build. I have that enabled via Steam.

Monkey Frog Studio

When I run this, I get a white rectangle in the middle of black, but it does not fill my screen. Instead, it is stuck to the upper-left and I can see my desktop around the right and bottom edges (since my monitor's screen size is 3840 x 2160). 

EDIT - 

Also, when I hit ESC to access the menu to exit the "game", it's apparent that your "game" is a bit off the left edge of my screen as the menu text is a bit cut off. This has not happened with my published tests. While mine do not go full screen (leaving the right and bottom edge of my desktop visible), none of the game is off the left edge that I am aware of. None of the menu is cut off, etc.

Monkey Frog Studio

I just noticed something else. I had recently uninstalled Leadwerks and reinstalled it. Now in Steam it is set to install the latest beta and Steam labels my version of Leadwerks as [Beta]. However, if I open About in Leadwerks, it tells me it is version 4.5. Previously, it had stated it was version 4.6. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling again and it still tells me it's version 4.5. 

Monkey Frog Studio

2 minutes ago, Argent Arts said:

I just noticed something else. I had recently uninstalled Leadwerks and reinstalled it. Now in Steam it is set to install the latest beta and Steam labels my version of Leadwerks as [Beta]. However, if I open About in Leadwerks, it tells me it is version 4.5. Previously, it had stated it was version 4.6. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling again and it still tells me it's version 4.5. 

Is everyone who has problems using multiple monitors? Is anyone having a problem who is using only a single monitor?

have test on my multscreen setup and your test program works on my machine

mine are two 1080p screen and only one is primary which is were the program open on

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

Just for clarity - I have two monitors. My primary monitor (which is actually labeled as "2" in Display Settings) is set to a screen resolution of 3840 x 2160. My secondary monitor (labeled as "1") is a Dell Canvas (like a Wacom Cintiq) set to a resolution of 2560 x 1440. Under Display Properties>Multiple Displays, it's set to Extend these displays. On the primary monitor (3840x2160), scaling is set to 125%. On the secondary monitor (2560 x 1440) scaling is set to 100%. 

I'll fiddle with a few things to see if I can affect a change. For example, I'll set monitor 1, the Dell Canvas, to the primary and see if that changes anything, etc.

Monkey Frog Studio

Test one - If I set monitor 1 (the Dell Canvas at 2560 x 1440) to the primary monitor and run your screentest.exe, it runs at full screen on that monitor. If I shut down the Dell Canvas so only the 4k monitor is operating and run screentest.exe, then it is not full screen.

Here's what happens - The screen flashes briefly as it adjusts to the screen resolution of your screentest.exe as if it is going to full screen mode. Then it appears the screen is SHIFTED up and to the left. I notice this because the desktop wallpaper is repeated to the right and below as if the edge of the screentest is the beginning of another monitor (if that makes any sense). If I attempt a screen grab of this, then all I get is the screentest (no desktop wallpaper shows up to the right and below). Also, as pointed out previously, when I access the menu to quit, it is partially off the screen. So, it doesn't seem that full screen is not working, per se, but that, for some reason, the screen is shifting up and to the left X number of pixels. Again, this does not happen when the other monitor is set to primary. And this does not happen in any other game (and I have a ton of games). 

Monkey Frog Studio

Okay, so the problem is the window position, not the size, correct?

Does anyone have a problem when a single monitor is used?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Okay, so the problem is the window position, not the size, correct?

That appears to be correct, at least with your screen test program. However, I don't recall them always being partially off the screen to the left. In other words, in some previous tests of my own, when hitting ESC the menu was fully on the screen (i.e. the entire screen was on my monitor and not shoved off to the upper-left).

Monkey Frog Studio

I don't know if this will help, but I did a test with partial success.

I right-clicked on screentest.exe and clicked on Properties. Then I went to the Compatibility tab. There, I went to the Change high DPI settings near the bottom. Once there, I went to the bottom set (High DPI scaling override) and checked the box there (Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:) and selected Application in the drop down. 

Once I applied that, screentest.exe opened full screen (I could not see my desktop to the right or beneath). However, it appears that it was stretched beyond the monitor edges. When I hit ESC to access the menu, almost all of the menu was off the screen. In fact, I could not see "Quit" and had to guess where it was to exit.

None of the other options seemed to change anything. And, yes, I did try all the options on Compatibility for Settings and those under Change high DPI settings, etc. 

Monkey Frog Studio

On the 4k monitor, I do have scaling set to 125%. However, I've reset that to 100% and that does not help. Screentest.exe still shows up at the top-left and partially off screen. If I have scaling set to 100% and apply the Properties thing I detailed above, then it is exactly the same as described there (no change setting scaling back to 100%).

Monkey Frog Studio

I have the problem, but I had to set the scale to 100% and move the scale of the gpu screen.  It's something to do with high-resolution monitors.  The test project works well at the top of the screen resolution but if I start to lower the resolution I see the following.  

image.thumb.png.27d323395cac55f4adf0bf920c198170.png

• Josh locked this topic