Test Objects From Blender Not Selectable in Viewports

Hello. I am testing bringing models from Blender into Leadwerks with collision hull. It is working perfectly and seems to be simple to do. However, I am noticing a difference between my models and the ones that come with Leadwerks. I cannot select my models in the viewport at all. I can easily select them in the Scene tree, though. So, what am I doing incorrectly that makes my models unselectable in the viewport?

Thanks for any help.

Creating professional 2D and 3D content is my passion!
Monkey Frog Studio

39 minutes ago, macklebee said:

What version of LE are you using?  This sounds like previous bug reports that has been resolved if memory serves.

I'm using the latest version. I have Steam setup to keep it updated to the latest beta. However, the latest version is v4.5 because Josh said he rolled it back from v4.6.

Also, scale in Blender is set to 1.00. Just FYI.

Monkey Frog Studio

Another thing I've noticed - If I bring in a model that ships with Leadwerks, like one of the crate models, I can select it freely in any of the viewports. When I select it, the model turns red to indicate it is selected. My test models cannot be selected in the viewport, but can be selected in the scene tree. However, once selected in the scene tree, they do not turn red in the viewport to indicate they are selected. Even so, the move gizmo handle appears, so I can still move the model and it moves just fine. 

So, the model looks correct in all viewports, but I cannot select it and when selected in the scene tree, it does not turn red. I can still manipulate it (move, rotate, and scale) as long as I click+drag the gizmo handles. 

Monkey Frog Studio

Just did another test. I double-clicked on my model in Assets to bring up the model viewer. I then went to Tools>Collapse and saved. This lost the collision hull, so I could no longer collide with my mesh in the scene, BUT I can now select it in the viewports and it turns red when selected.

This makes me think it has something to do with the collision hull I created for in Blender.

EDIT: I went back into the model viewer, when to Physics, and added a Sphere to it. Now I can collide with my test sphere and I can select it in the viewports and it turns red. Yay. So, I really think I've done something wrong with the collision hull when I made it in Blender with the test sphere model. I'm not sure what I did. But I want to find out because I'll be needing to create custom collision hulls for more complex models.

Monkey Frog Studio

2 minutes ago, Argent Arts said:

Just did another test. I double-clicked on my model in Assets to bring up the model viewer. I then went to Tools>Collapse and saved. This lost the collision hull, so I could no longer collide with my mesh in the scene, BUT I can now select it in the viewports and it turns red when selected.

This makes me think it has something to do with the collision hull I created for in Blender.

How are you making the collision hull?  Exporting as FBX then converting that model to a collision hull?

11 minutes ago, Argent Arts said:

Another thing I've noticed - If I bring in a model that ships with Leadwerks, like one of the crate models, I can select it freely in any of the viewports. When I select it, the model turns red to indicate it is selected. My test models cannot be selected in the viewport, but can be selected in the scene tree. However, once selected in the scene tree, they do not turn red in the viewport to indicate they are selected. Even so, the move gizmo handle appears, so I can still move the model and it moves just fine. 

So, the model looks correct in all viewports, but I cannot select it and when selected in the scene tree, it does not turn red. I can still manipulate it (move, rotate, and scale) as long as I click+drag the gizmo handles. 

Its the same thing already reported in the second bug report posted above. Until Josh re-releases the fix that was done for it in 4.6, this will be an issue.

• Like 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

20 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

How are you making the collision hull?  Exporting as FBX then converting that model to a collision hull?

I created the collision hull in Blender with the model by making a child of the model and renaming it to collisionhull (as per the Leadwerk's docs). Then I export it as one FBX file.

Here's the link to what it says in the docs:

https://www.leadwerks.com/docs.php?page=Tutorials_Editor_Models-and-Animation#section6.2

Monkey Frog Studio

22 minutes ago, macklebee said:

Its the same thing already reported in the second bug report posted above. Until Josh re-releases the fix that was done for it in 4.6, this will be an issue.

Maybe I'm missing what you're saying, but I'm not sure how it is. The model imports correctly, looks the correct scale in the Leadwerks editor, and behaves correctly when the game is run. The only issue is selecting it in the viewport. Please forgive me for being dense about this (today has not been my best day ;) ).

EDIT - I was only clicking the first link. Ugh! I'll go and read the second link you posted now ...

EDIT2 - Now I see. I think I can find a way around this until Josh re-releases 4.6. Thanks! 

• Like 1

Monkey Frog Studio