publishing and File encryption

Slimwaffle

So I have noticed that when I publish my project as standalone it puts everything into a zip folder with all of my scripts, code and assets available to the user.

When playing other games everything is encrypted into .bin files and what not.

I want to release this game on steam and then later on, on xbox one. How do I go about encrypting the files? Or is this something steam does after I upload it?

8 minutes ago, slimwaffle said:

ok cause when I open the zip without using the game it lets me straight in. Is it like a only my pc can do it thing?

Yes, you can open the zip but can you actually access any of the files? Try it. If it works like everyone else's zip file, it will ask for a password.

EDIT -- gamecreator beat me to it.:P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

weird. yes no one is going to do a direct export to xbox with LE. This would require your code to be engine independent and that all your assets are of a common format and not just LE formats. Even then the licensing and the game developer kit itself has always been restrictive. Great that you have these dreams, but you should probably focus on just getting something first that works on a pc before worrying about publishing.

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel