Google Hangout Saturday, September 15

Josh

Join me on Saturday, September 15, at 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time on Google Hangout. You can chat live with me about our work with NASA, the development of Leadwerks Game Engine, and other Leadwerks news.

A link to join will be posted here when the Hangout starts.

LINK:
https://hangouts.google.com/call/FR8kH0nwvvVV3F1sB87AAAEE

• Like 3

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I will try to make it if I can but its at like 2am for me.

In case I don't the things I wanted to ask about or bring up;

Can we publish the games as a 64bit game and not a 32 bit? If not can you add it please.

The number one thing I would like to see is a brush like the vegetation brush that allows the placement of prefabs with scripts attached.

Also it could just be my game and code but; If I try to interect with anything below the level of my terrain my game crashes.

Again could just be me but I get random collision errors often enemies collide with the terrain somehow and vanish sometimes causing a crash. 

Entity count; I have noticed I can have unlimited number without a hit to FPS. But the second I attach scripts FPS takes a hit. I would like to see some kind of system that when using the view range the game ignores entities that can't be seen.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this.

And by the way I am loving Leadwerks. This engine is amazing.

I just found out today a guy was able to play my game on a pc with no dedicated GPU and the cpu handling it.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Yue said:

One question that remains unanswered is whether there will be an editor for weather, rain, storms, clouds, sun, moon, ocean, etc.

I would like to, yes, and it is definitely inline with the direction I am going in.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.