Some bugs

Hi just want to report two bugs.

I have version 4.5 beta. When I start Leadwerks it crashes sometimes with no reason and if I restart it, it just works. Leadwerks also crashes sometimes when doing something as simple as parenting two objects. I also heard this random crashing behavior from others and I think thats some of the larger flaws Leadwerks has and should be fixed. Leadwerks should at least do a backup save of your map when it crashes (I know there are normal backup saves). Second is something more precise. If you get a CSG brush via "FindChild" in lua and apply "SetScale" to it the application will stop running with no error message. Ah and now I remember one more bug. If you unparent bones/objects from an objects hierarchy in the editor and remove the main object, you can't remove the former child. 

Hope this helps fixing. Hope at least the crashing gets less with the final release of 4.5.

12 hours ago, carlb said:

4.6 beta will still say 4.5 

if you got steam set to beta you have 4.6

I don't believe so. It had said 4.6 once and then Josh said he had rolled it back to 4.5 because of issues. So, from what I remember, 4.6 has not been re-released as beta ... yet.

Creating professional 2D and 3D content is my passion!
Monkey Frog Studio

i remember josh say new feature for 4.6 is out so i went to beta to get but never show 4.6

this is when josh said it still show 4.5 but if you have the feature you have 4.6

plus never seen it say 4.6 but josh can answer that. but i think 4.6 still has a lot of stuff to fix and feature missing

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

• 5 months later...
  • Josh locked this topic