Leadwerks World Creation Pipeline

gamecreator

What is the fastest world creation pipeline for Leadwerks right now?  I'm talking about vast lands, forests, etc. like the below (from Skyrim).

Elder-scrolls-skyrim-screenshot-4.thumb.jpg.fe4ff04ea777b6dda3af62a348b0a3bd.jpg39436_elder_scrolls_skyrim.thumb.jpg.e55bd6686fa480f84f88e3f3082a0e96.jpgsteamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_106835422_preview.thumb.jpg.a38113be71068982143e9592357f92fc.jpg

There are a lot of tools that create these, to one extent or another.  Some other engines have things like SpeedTree incorporated and/or have world creation tools that integrate with their editor, often purchasable from their asset store.  Admittedly, I'm not too familiar with the various tools available online and all I know to do with Leadwerks is to import a heightmap and then start manually placing textures and trees and rocks and whatnot, which seems to me like a dated method with so many useful tools around.

In a perfect world, you could generate a random world based on some parameters in some program like World Creator, import it into Leadwerks, make modifications as you see fit (like making space for towns and whatnot) and off you go.  Now I'm pretty sure World Creator doesn't just magically create a world like those in the above pictures for you.  But I'd like to get as close as possible to waste as little time as possible placing pieces one by one (or groups at a time).

By the way, I purchased a ton of assets back in the day from Pure3D and others so I'd love to put them to good use.

So, does anyone have a productive pipeline they like for creating worlds with Leadwerks?

I usually import a heightmap and then set some texture and vegetation layers up, use the maximum size brush to paint each layer on the entire landscape, and then touch up any details. If you set the layers up to work at specific slopes and heights that will do 90% of the work for you.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 1 month later...