lua to C++

Slimwaffle

Hey guys.

I just bought the professional version so that I can redo my game in c++. This was so I can add things in from the steam SDK. 

So I am wanting to know how it works? Can I run c++ alongside lua? Do I need to recode all my lua scripts? If so does this mean I have to create a new project that states it is a c++ project?

Scripts can still be attached to objects.  There should be a visual studio project file in one of the folders of your project, under Project->Windows i think...?

Load that up, and you'll see in App.cpp the code that executes Main.lua.  You should just need to recode Main.lua into App.cpp and go from there.

I found these commands;

Steamworks::Initialize();
Steamworks::InitializeController();
Steamworks::steamcontroller;

visual studio says that they are using lua.

Does that mean that using my lua scripts for main.lua and stuff. That I can reference the steam API using Steamworks:     ?

I spent all day on this and from what I can gather. In order to use the steam api commands I need to rebuild as a c++ game. From what I can gather. I need to re-write main.lua into app.cpp and re-write menu.lua as menu.cpp. And then systematically change all my lua files to cpp files. I could be wrong though not entirely sure. 

I also noticed that when I click run in the editor it launches from lua files and I have to use visual studio for the cpp files to launch. How do I make it launch cpp files from editor? Also is there anything special I need to do when publishing as standalone to make it use the cpp files?