Gameplay brainstorming

aiaf

Yes just teleporters.

Some kind of gateways you dial in some code and it opens to some place.

You will be able to open them for short period of time and one of them will be just one way , can create some nice gameplay.

One master teleporter will link to all other ships but will not be active from the beginning (unlock it somehow).

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

Added teleport addon to repo.  Wrote it some time ago.  May have extra unnecessary stuff in there but I did a quick review and I  think it could form a good start point.  Kept it separate as an 'addon' for now.

teleport.thumb.jpg.e0b05b389e98c94e6f5a5e2241c95f06.jpg

The teleport can be one way if you don't set a destination on one of them (see example start.map for what they look like hooked up).

Yeah, correct.  I happen to have a robot type thing as I could knock one out in a 3 minutes on a potentially throw away hard surface character than 30 minutes on a throw away organic model or a 3 minute organic model that is so bad I am annoyed every time I see it.  The 'missile' is just a prefab that would be anything else.  Fireball, whatever.  

I'm not really writing new stuff as such as just trying to get together a coherent approach with standard LW methods of weapon prefabs, projectiles etc..  Maybe someone even has better approach they are happy with if so maybe we can open it up for discussion.  

I think it is probably best that the 'missiles' have their own script, rather than being controlled by the character or weapon that fired it (though it could be that too when need be- though I think a reference back to the character would be better).  If someone wants to generate whatever weapon or missile they want then they can probably just go ahead knowing that the missile thing can have it's own script and not have to tie it into the character or launching weapon.  Just have something spawn it and let it fly.  There is a spawner script in the addons directory (if anyone needed it), though I think it is is possible to get it to crash the game if the spawner AND item both try to delete themselves, so people can just use their own if they have issues with it.

At the minute I have issues with the AI navigating a FBX based mesh (the island) so it seems to make sense to crack that otherwise if the AI is so useless that they can't GET to you it doesn't matter about all the firing/weapons etc. and we need to ditch navmesh navigation.   I think I can get it to work at the minute but I need to find time to crack it and/or check-in a sensible change set for others to maybe put better AI in place etc.

On 11/6/2018 at 2:46 PM, Slastraf said:

Wait so we don't want a ward but a rocket launcher for the wizard ? I dont understand.

What the heck is a ward anyway.  I thought people meant WAND but I've googled Wizard WARD specifically and it doesn't seem to be a wand and Google doesn't provide any clear picture of what a WARD is IMHO.

Has this term come from some game I'm unfamiliar? Do people actually mean wand?

• aiaf unpinned this topic