Animation sets? (Maya)

TheConceptBoy

Working on putting together a gun animation, when I found that Leadwerks has a handy too animation sets tool in it's model viewer. 

How does one separate the animations in Maya for Leadwerks to detect? This is a bone rigged pair of hands with a weapon.

I'm working in Maya. Not sure if I've ever seen an animation set menu in here.

Yes, that's what I've ended up figuring out.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to detect the EndAnimation call of an object in C++ so that I can switch to other stuff once a particular animation is done.

I thought it'd be something like 

if (hands_revolver->EndAnimation("fire")) {}

but there's no documentation example for C++ for this as far as I've looked.

Looks like you found another topic on this but yes, you need to keep track of it yourself because animations can be mixed.

I use model->SetAnimationFrame(animationframe, 0.8, animationstate, true) to set a character's animation every frame.  I increment and keep track of animationframe myself based on how much time has passed since last frame.  Then I use model->GetAnimationLength(animationstate) to check if animationframe has exceeded the end of the animation.  If it has, I reduce it appropriately (which isn't necessarily the same as setting it to 0).