Island Progress

mdgunn

I don't think I really mentioned it but I'd encountered a Leadwerks issue where the physics collision mesh was not getting generated on the higher poly count islands that I was trying to generate.  This is now resolved and the problem is to do with the objects not being scaled to a large enough scale BEFORE being imported in to Leadwerks, or that I think is part of it.  The issue was rasied in the bug forum here.

Now this is resolved and with the incremental tests done so far I think I am probably in a better position to generate something more final (though I still think there will be a few more iterations before we actually get to final).

Now that the doc is out of the way and I have a solution to the bug I ran into I will move back to trying to get a 'final' island.

Note:  If anyone had some design for how they wanted an island to look and wanted to do a terrain in Leadwerks to test their shape then it is actually possible to take that Leadwerks terrain and take it's height map and run this through the process I'm using.  Might need to test this process a few times, so don't go crazy generating loads of terrains but in principal it should work.  Whether the terrain ends up looking as expected once taken to low poly and vertex colour is another matter.

This image below was an example of a Leadwerks terrain taken part way through the process.  The mountains say 'M1'  - drawn badly in Leadwerks terrain editor.  The pic is tiny as I'm at work and don't have the original.

lw_terrain_export.png.b83a32a44d169feea6d38c30a9b83c61.png

• Like 2

I did a video with a navmesh test see end of this post. 

AI worked fine. Something about the Soldier AI had an issue but the Monster AI was fine. 

I think up we agreed about 100m, I think it can be higher maybe up to 200m but then I think there will possibly be too much space to wander around in.

Size could lead to slow down and we probably need some more tests for this but currently I didn't see it as a problem.  I will do some further test though and maybe stick some test files in the repo of the same mesh but at different resolutions and test the slowdown.