Roll call

aiaf

Seem winter holidays are here and maybe will have less activity.

I put this post too see who can help in this period.

The design doc is great imo, we should expand/modify on that.

If you dont know what to do just go to the pdf and pick something you like and make it happen or start discussion if want something changed.

For moment we need csg levels with mechanics , no need to worry about modeling yet just use cubes.

I come up with idea to have a person be in charge for a level.

What are your thoughts on this ?

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

I'll actually have more time to work on it over the holidays.

I have to work a couple of days between Xmas ,New Year and sometime spent with friends and family but otherwise I should be able add some more to the project.

I agree we need to get the mechanics of the game sorted. 

Once thats done then people can pick a level and create it.

Had a bit of a break after doc to refresh my mind.   Ready to move forward again. 

I think if each person tries to construct a simple area with some simple mechanic and hopefully someway in which they can see it fitting loosely within the concepts in the doc then that would be a step forward. Something like this where I was testing out AI navigation and combat. This arena is about 3000 x 3000.   

screenshot104.thumb.jpg.fa3be9304c4685da215dc168ec27ec07.jpg

Sounds like aiaf has a plan for a few levels.

We still need to get combat finished (weapon ammo/pickups, shooting/attacking, taking hits, weapon inventory ammo counts etc).   I can do that unless someone else feels they can do it.  I'm happy to pass it over if someone else feels strongly about it.

The other area I would like to finalise a bit further is a basic island/spacecraft.  All the islands don't have to be spacecraft (could maybe just contain some tech power source). I think it will still be tricky to have both an island worth moving about on, and a spacecraft that looks good all in one  (compared to just a floating rocky island) but I think I will still have a go.

I suppose those are my 2 main areas that could be finished off. 

I in general I am also thinking generally about level creation and model creation and how we can try and make sure they look like they go together rather than looking like a strange Frankenstein's monster of different assets. 

Thirsty Panther what area do you think you would most be able or like to tackle first from this point?  Could be mechanic focused or level/area focused or some balance of both.

7 hours ago, mdgunn said:

Thirsty Panther what area do you think you would most be able or like to tackle first from this point?  Could be mechanic focused or level/area focused or some balance of both.

I'm still working on the 3rd person script. 

I have an old one that uses the Animation manager but this is no longer required. So I just trying to sort this out.

• aiaf unpinned this topic