Network Test

Josh

This application should allow voice chat. Your own voice will be reflected back to you when running. You must have Steam running for this to work.

MultiplayerGame.zip

Start the application and select JOIN. You will see my server listed there and you can join.

• Hold C for voice chat
  • Press Y to bring up the text chat window

Image1.thumb.jpg.e25c297e01ce8a60d4c4132982130689.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I couldn't test it with you being my high latency internet. But I really like how it looks. Gives me a old school Source MP feel and it hits home for me.

When the template is done, I'll be sure to play with it. I have a home network I can test on. I can always reinstall LE on my Linux machine if my Win8 laptop can't handle it. 

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

1 hour ago, Yue said:

One question, do you think I can continue with my forklift project? or would it be better to wait?

I don't understand this question or what it has to do with networking.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

yue think you talking about the phyic and stuff you had problem if you update to 4.6 beta  you get the latest fix from josh that does 

josh this is looking good

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

The download is updated again. This is just about the final multiplayer template.

• Widget styles are reworked. The BUTTON_OK and BUTTON_CANCEL styles are now used to make the menu code simpler.
  • Added smoothing to player movement
  • Added Window::Close() which is a cleaner way to end the program from inside the menu script.
  • The whole UI flows better now, escape and cancel keys can be used to navigate, bugs should be gone now.

Join me and test now!

What about client object drawing? For example with an fps, I don't want my player model to draw but I want people to see it and I want to see their player model. How would that be achieved?

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

2 hours ago, reepblue said:

What about client object drawing? For example with an fps, I don't want my player model to draw but I want people to see it and I want to see their player model. How would that be achieved?

The test is doing this right now, using cylinders. In an initialization message you could tell the other computers which model to use for your player model, and they can load and display it.