world->Update() Crash

gamecreator

Go to solution Solved by aiaf,

What things could potentially make world->Update() crash a program?  I have the following code right now and the program regularly crashes after printing D and not printing E to the console.

printf("C");
Leadwerks::Time::Update();
printf("D");
world->Update();
printf("E");
world->Render();
printf("F");
gui.draw();
printf("G");
context->Sync(true);
printf("H");

As I was typing this up and testing the program again, I got the following error, which seems like it crashed during world->Render():

assert.thumb.jpg.370f5879443fbc9cd3cedc36bb17054e.jpg

Searching the forums found this issue (https://www.leadwerks.com/community/topic/10612-world-update-crash/) which seemed to be resolved at the time.

I should also make it clear that this doesn't usually happen as soon as I start the game.  Sometimes it takes a few seconds, sometimes it's when I fire a shot, sometimes when I kill an enemy.  Happens sooner the more enemies I include though.  Pretty much never happens with just a few, like 6 or less.

• Solution

Running under debugger something helps identify problems.

But the ultimate tool for this is in the linux land :) its valgrind detects memory leaks and other kind of memory stuff.

To tell the true there are for windows also Dr Memory(free but never used it) and purify (this one is expensive).

• Upvote 1

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station