VR Test

mdgunn

Should be able to upload the models later today. They will be very prototype in nature...probably no textures or even physics.  This just to test out a style. May completely scrap them all so don't want to wast time re-texturing, UV-ing, importing again etc.

Not planning to make the game VR (thought we could make have an explore mode where you can just visit the maps in VR and maybe trigger dev notes or something?    Mainly did it just because I thought it would be interesting to be WITHIN the models I'd put together.

ARGH. Changing my git client has lead me to checkin a copy of the repo with a load of test stuff in it I didn't really want to commit.  I'll see if I can get rid of it.  There's loads of it unfortunately.  Suggest nobody pulls the last checkin unless they can get it back in state it was before that.

I use git a bit but no expert so not sure I can properly untangle this.

Just make sure you have a copy of your correct repository in some other place as backup in case you delete local content.

I can reset the online repository to my previous commit, then you clone in a NEW directory and add there your model changes.Tell me if you want to do like this.

Lets get on discord if you still have problems

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

I had a backup (being what I wanted to commit in the first place).  

It think I have everything back.    I think the only thing that might be wrong is Maps/start.map.  I had copied my VR test map over it so I could start it easier as the current code overides the usual default behaviour of starting the editor map you are in.

If you can make sure you have a copy of the YOUR start map and then  get that back in place then hopefully that will be everything back as it was (plus the new models).

Ok i clone the new repo in new directory to test.I will put the old start.map back if everything is ok.

When i start the game i get this:

Error: Failed to load material "C:/Users/alex/Desktop/f/forth/Models/VR/teleport3.mat".
Loading prefab "C:/Users/alex/Desktop/f/forth/Models/VR/teleport.pfb"...
Error: Failed to read file "C:/Users/alex/Desktop/f/forth/Models/VR/teleport.pfb".
Error: Failed to load prefab "C:/Users/alex/Desktop/f/forth/Models/VR/teleport.pfb".
Error:  attempt to index field 'teleportindicator' (a nil value)

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station