FBX problem

Jorns

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Hello all, i have problem -  after a long pause i started work on Leadwerks. When i export fbx (i use 3ds max 2009) and move it to leadwerks console show a message in included screenshots. In attachment is a used model. And console say FBX version 0.0.0 Before worked it perfectly - i have animated models, or static and worked 100%, Now not why ? Any ideas ? Thanks...

Bez názvu.png

Bez názvu1.png

BOX.rar

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Perhaps your computer has some weird permissions or something that prevents the application from reading the file.

How i can change permission ? I have installed it from drive c to d and the same effect

Edited by Jorns
wrong word

Sorry for spam i tried reimport and nothing here is log:

Converting "models/ventgrates/box.fbx"...
Input: C:/Users/Ján/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/Projekt/Models/Ventgrates/box.fbx
Output: C:/Users/Ján/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/Projekt/Models/Ventgrates/box.mdl
FBX: Initializing scene...
FBX: File version: 0.0.0
Failed to load thumbnail 6 for C:/Users/Ján/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/Projekt/Models/Ventgrates/box.mdl
Loading model "C:/Users/Ján/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/Projekt/Models/Ventgrates/box.mdl"
Failed to read file C:/Users/Ján/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/Projekt/Models/Ventgrates/box.mdl
Deleting model "C:/Users/Ján/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/Projekt/Models/Ventgrates/box.mdl"
Error: Failed to load model "C:/Users/Ján/Documents/Leadwerks/Projects/Projekt/Models/Ventgrates/box.mdl".

So, i have fully reinstalled windows (complete clear installation) and the problem persist. I have two suggestions: 

problem is located in steam (where is stored player setting etc...)

or

i have another problem with starting leadwerks. Application throuh steam won't start, the i found problem with exe which request "Msvcr100.dll" (yes i have installed msvc++ redist) . I have downloaded this library and engine works

But fbx. models cannot be converted again and again...   

When i use converter in folder Tools it works perfectly, only drag-n-drop system in editor not working.

And before (year before) all works perfect in this time i use 4.3 or 4.4 i dont know...

• Solution

We updated the FBX converter in version 4.5. In version 4.4 and before a different FBX converter was used. The old FBX converter is still available here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Leadwerks\Tools\fbx2mdl_old.exe

If you rename that to "fbx2mdl.exe" then the editor will use it instead.

I don't know any reason the new FBX converter would have a problem, but that is the only thing I can think of.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this solves your problem, but the latest FBX converter requires the MSVC++ 2012 runtime redistributables:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

The converter is a 32-bit program, so you must select and download vcredist_x86.exe, whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.

I don't know if the Leadwerks installer comes with this file, but it's kinda important, especially for those who install Leadwerks on fresh install of Windows.

And the older FBX converter required the MSVC++ 2008 SP1 runtime redistributables:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11895

So, I suggest installing both.

• Upvote 1

Ultimate Unwrap 3D: http://www.unwrap3d.com

2 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I don't know if this solves your problem, but the latest FBX converter requires the MSVC++ 2012 runtime redistributables:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

The converter is a 32-bit program, so you must select and download vcredist_x86.exe, whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system.

I don't know if the Leadwerks installer comes with this file, but it's kinda important, especially for those who install Leadwerks on fresh install of Windows.

And the older FBX converter required the MSVC++ 2008 SP1 runtime redistributables:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11895

So, I suggest installing both.

Thank you. I added the 2012 redist to our install process.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.