openAL not installed?

Niijel

Leadwerks giving me 'openAL not installed' error at startup and then ending.

Leadwerks was working fine till I installed the beta (4.4) but since then a full uninstall and reinstall not only of the production version but the latest beta (4.6) has made no difference. I started wondering if other software installs had messed something up, or windows update or a over active anti malware app. I have no sound issues with other software. The steam file checker reports no problems.  I am happy to check or provide samples of anything on the pc to resolve this - After it happened I had to use Unity for a project and it was a hell of a grind - any help gratefully received :-)

Thank-you

error.png

Yes I have already done that, no change, same error.

I notice that the installscript.vdf in _CommonRedist contains this line:

"hasrunkey"        "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Valve\\Steam\\Apps\\CommonRedist\\OpenAL\\2.0.7.0"

but that registry key doesnt exist - but I do have:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Valve\Steam\Apps\CommonRedist\OpenAL\2.0.7.0

Thanks again for any and all help with this.

4.6 looks like a great version of leadwerks, it includes everything I need, works in a way I like, Lua+c++ ticks all the boxes for me and the quality of the end product is excellent.

But there seems to be hardly any community these days, documentation is lacking, technical support doesnt exist - all of this I have coped with but now it is completely useless to me as it wont start. Why have a modal window followed by termination for a sound issue? This as turned  an irritation into a show stopper. I had to use unity for my last project and didnt like having to get used to it - now my next project that starts Jan 1st will be in unity and my xmas spent learning unity - I aint happy.

Shows over - goodbye.

Sorry you are having trouble.

Try installing the game launcher. It is possible for the OpenAL install to fail occasionally in Steam. If you install the game launcher it will reinstall every requirement.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/355500/Leadwerks_Game_Launcher/

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.