[4.6 Beta] Button always display as links.

reepblue

I was reviewing Luawerks for the 4.6 update and found that the GUI scripts have been updated.I was first greeted with an error. Figuring out what changed made me start the standard menu script and I was greeted with the buttons always being links.

image.thumb.png.ed09e41b556f20ae45709c69e33b2d16.png

Here is Luawerks in 4.6 using the older GUI scripts.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=93667c899a2c8479image.thumb.png.176aa95a89302ce047d3a2fc7ad86dfe.png

Also note that check boxes don't seem to show correctly ether. This seems to be due to you've made in Buttons.lua. Was this edit necessary? If there is going to be no fix for this, I'm just going to ship the older scripts with my package.

• Confused 1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This has been fixed in the beta. Note the GUI scripts have changed slightly. First you create the widget, then you set the style. You cannot pass a style in the creation function because the style constants are defined in the script itself. So until that script is run for the first time, the style constants have not been defined.

resumebutton = Widget:Button("RESUME GAME",100,gui:GetBase():GetSize().y/2-60,300,20,gui:GetBase())
resumebutton:SetStyle(BUTTON_LINK + BUTTON_CANCEL)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• Josh locked this topic