Lobby::Count()

SpiderPig

Go to solution Solved by SpiderPig,

When I call Lobby::Count() it retrieves a 49 lobbies.  I think I'll have to use one of the overloads and pass a string attribute that looks for lobbies made for only the current game?

int _totalLobbies = Lobby::Count();
for (int id = 0; id < _totalLobbies; id++) {
	auto _lobby = Lobby::Get(id);
	if (_lobby != nullptr) {
		int _totalMembers = _lobby->CountMembers();
		int _maxPlayers = 32;

std::string _name = _lobby->GetString("lobbyname");
		std::string _lobbyName = String(id) + " : " + _name + " " + String(_totalMembers) + "/" + String(_maxPlayers);
		Lobbies.push_back(_lobbyName);
	}
	else {
		MessageBox(Window::GetCurrent()->GetHandle(), "Could not load Lobby!", "Error", MB_OK);
	}
}

• Solution

Creating a new lobby to advertise our game is easy. We just call a command to create it, and then we will set two string values. The game title is set so that we can later retrieve only lobbies that are running this particular game. (This should be done if you are using the SpaceWar app ID instead of your own Steam ID.) We also add a short description that can display information about the game.

I should read more often.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty much.  You can have the client send an ID # you made up as the very first packet after they connect.  If the host receives this number, it accepts the client into the game.  Otherwise, it doesn't let them play.  They'll still be in the lobby (I don't think a host can remove a client from a lobby) but you treat them as if they're not.