Further cryo room model improvements

mdgunn

Texturing is just about complete and some further minor improvements have been made to some models. Lighting has not really had much focus yet.  It is possible that some things might have got broken as part of this.  I'm not sure it's practical to keep a good hold on this when many model updates are happening.

screenshot136.thumb.jpg.903f903348d370c77d23eb427195dc64.jpg

screenshot133.thumb.jpg.d3e210ee2f0d09ee292dfd8dddcbf748.jpg

screenshot134.thumb.jpg.25a163dbfe98106fff8d9dea8c733a4d.jpg

screenshot132.thumb.jpg.7b2ec3a5a57d59769369afe65e41e155.jpg

screenshot135.thumb.jpg.5b95f77a643c1b1a48808311e280f630.jpg

Lookin great.

Can you also add a 004 on that opening chest/or locker ? im thinking to pick up some things from there , some food/health pack and the gun maybe.

The light that was travelling the room/camera shake is in Scripts/Objects/Triggers/EnergyLightHandler.lua , may need changing.

Ill wire back some text boxes when this is done model wise.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

I Will wire up door so it can be opened yes. I had some opening doors in place but need to hook up these new models again. I will also do a second door in the (inactive) enemy filled room. Maybe the cave will be a different level load so second door may be just level load trigger zone and not need to open. 

I will put labels for 001, 002, 003, 004 on the cryo tubes and above them and on associated lockers I think yes.

Have checked in some more improvements.  Door is not meant to be final but playing with idea of multi-stage door and some placeholder particle effects.

001 etc. Panels done.  Locker not yet openable. 

Lightprobes in place and lighting adjusted (light prefab missed from last check-in so this room probably rather dark before).  Simple pallete texture (used on pretty much everything I do) given some shininess so that it works better with light probes - which in general work quite well in a sci-fi environment.

screenshot140.thumb.jpg.a8bf5c6fd17a379185b66a97458b0d9a.jpg

screenshot144.thumb.jpg.c5ec16ae49763d39adf7d57fccd0d3a5.jpg

• Like 2

Cool i just tested , opening doors seem to work.

Is a small problem when you go down the ramp in middle , player gets a bit stuck in ground, you can maneuver around it but should be fixed.

What im thinking you could add:

a gun, some paper documents inside a locker to be picked

Similar to HalfLife wall health charger ? or health cubes

A closed book at some place

There is a framerate drop when i look at the lights. I get around 12 fps when looking at those 60 lights.

Dont bother with this for now. i have laptop and pretty old card (GeForce GTX950M).

Binary Station

Lights I need to look at more yes I haven't even checked their type setting so they are probably setup sub-optimally with regards to dynamic/static shadows.   Thanks for the info as I don't think I notice  a drop but I know I have not set them optimally yet. 

The ramp think thanks for the reminder on that too, I know what you mean. 

I will look into adding:

• gun/weapon
  • paper documents or something
  • wall health charger
  • closed book

How far we heading with this now? It seemed we were some way off having shooting capabilities we might want to exhibit in any release.  I know I did some progress on weapons and shooting but also others have. Currently I am not yet up to speed with what code is considered last working implementation of weapon and shooting code or if someone else is still around to take whatever they last did to completion if it is not complete.

I can take a look at the shooting, weapons AI etc if need be but don't want to step over someone else's code if they are just trying to find time to finish it.  

Currently Slas is missing he said got new side job so less time.He was doing ai and weapons tests and dont know how to make that work again.

So im only one active beside you and maybe Thirsty.

Lets try and wrap up level2  , i will to add textbox back and describe some things in the room and simplify VR part and link it to cryo room better.

At first the 3 doors should be inacive , and only purpose of VR will be to unlock that doors with a command , so we can open them.

And add the traveling  red light to that device you added in the second room.

If you have other ideas do tell

Binary Station