FBX Importing Without Material

Zeloz

Inside the engine you create the materials, and assign them to the model, this automatically recognizes the coordinates of the model to apply the material with its textures.  

Edit: Remember that the material must have the same name as the one applied to the mesh modeler. 
So every time you import the template, these materials are applied to the template automatically. 

image.thumb.png.6d7ee3f34fca6e339162e424167d94a4.png

Just now, Zeloz said:

So Leadwerks cannot open embedded textures then?

I don't know what textures are embedded (I use the translator), what happens is that when you are creating the model from the mesh modeling program, you assign a material to that mesh, therefore this material may or may not contain textures.  In the import process you have to send everything, the mesh and the texture and so on the basis of that texture the material is created.  Once inside leadwerks, you can open the texture to modify certain parameters. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

image.thumb.png.1a9d59e6be5c4fed7085bc830383845c.png

It seems like it isn't importing the materials correctly.  I have made the model in Cinema 4D, and assigned materials.  I can then open the FBX file in Blender, Windows 3D Viewer, Unreal, and probably other programs and can see that the materials are in that FBX file.  Basically, I know the model is all there in the file, but I don't see them showing up in Leadwerks.

What you have to do, and what I understand is this. 

-You import the model to Leadwerks.
-You create the materials from leadwerks with the texture for that material. (The same name of the material creating in the modeling program, example Blender)
-This material is assigned to the different surfaces of the model.
-Then when you update the import, those materials are already glued to the model.

Maybe I just have to learn the system to make it work well, but other software opens it directly with no issue.  I somehow have to export the materials out of Cinema 4D in a way that I can import into Leadwerks.

• Upvote 1

I don't think I have ever seen an FBX file with textures embedded in it before. I suggest exporting it with separate image files for the textures.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'm going to add something, I'm using the fbx format converter to change from version 6.0 to 7.0, in my conversion it's possible that the texture is embedded in the material. And although it hasn't been a success to import it into leadwerks, if you can import the textures into a separate file. 
image.thumb.png.fb463837d0949c8eeefebbd1a2e823da.png
https://www.autodesk.com/developer-network/platform-technologies/fbx-converter-archives

• Upvote 1