Plasma Tool/Gun

mdgunn

Added plasma tool.  May need some poly reduction. 

Have yet to hook it up in game, this is just the modelling for now and import to game and repo. Super loosely inspired by Dead Space plamsa cutter.  Modelled from scratch without reference so some things are a bit weak,  Topology still probably has some problems and poly count may be higher than need be.

Not going to refine yet in case it's not what we want to use.

plasma_tool0.thumb.png.ffb6a826e2ea7bc661ae4749dc411bd6.png

plasma_tool1.thumb.jpg.e6a65683fd79bd8415e939865d383407.jpg

plasma_tool2.thumb.jpg.79ebd409702f735f6ad4f1e2d5bbd150.jpg

Didn't we have a sort of electro ball projectile?  I've yet to see this working but I figured this could launch that...maybe.  I didn't personally want to go down the standard gun route to much.  I mean I'd rather avoid, if possible, standard military guns with standard bullet ammo etc. I'd hope our weapons have something else to them, interesting ammo, not so standard appearance etc.

I think I will look at what we have with the weapons and code now and see if I can make some progress there. I read  your other post about slas.

Just to add....I am fine just having a simple hand blaster weapon which is present in the repo already. This may have seemed weird (a strange thing embedded in a hand) but the main thing was that it was simple and most importantly....done.  For the story it was going to fit in something like this....the red light ship activating enemy that merges with the character when it explodes as she stops it taking over the ship in the second room (if I remember what I intended correctly). 

Don't get me wrong I am happy to have have modeled the gun. 

For times sake I think it would still be better to keep with a literal 'hand blaster' and when we have everything done and have a satisfying game then we replace some things.  To me weapon modelling, firing animations,  reload animationss, 3d arms animations etc etc. is a potentially large time sink which in our position is probably best to bypass as much as possible.  Also originally I think we were aiming for something more of a mystical environment where things might be more 'magical' possibly in a future fantasy way, than space marines and bug hunts (yawn).

The cyro room is now fairly strongly typical sci-fi. More than I had in mind really. 

My original idea was to try to combat to a small combat arena (like player is trapped in spell/force field) probably encouraging melee combat and limit these 'arena spawns' to some key trigger points.  This was we have better control over combat and issues such as enemies not handling terrain well, player taking advantage in AI limitations etc.   

I will see where we are at with the mine and others weapons code and see if I can figure out where to go.  I may integrate the gun but getting what we have already into better shape may be the priority.

Have a look in Maps/canyons.map to see the spells.

There is gravity push and electrosphere, press Q to trigger.And Tab to switch from one to another.

Gravity push is really nice try it on the rocks.

But electrosphere has some problem  with the sprite sheet , seem to work but it shouldnt look like this , dont know how to fix that...

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station