Seam in Skybox

My experience making custom skies is based on blitz3d, where the textures when loaded had the option to set a flag that was the number 49. With this was solved, can be something similar?

In an attempt to narrow down the problem with more data....have you tried images generated by others (preferably more than one source) and what were the results? Have you tried saving to different formats or from different software for the final image?  Perhaps try saving out a working one from the software you save normal images and see if it breaks or continues to work.

More data.

Tried fresh project.

Tried exporting images from paint.net instead of Gimp.

1107434819_6by1netpaint.png.cae5ae799d04a291b1ee64b849ad471f.png

Loaded Spacebox into net.paint and exported as dds file.

SpaceBox..png.ac8ed885ea8d8f4a5cd6fb88998c3b5b.png

Loaded the Spacebox from the Forth project straight into Leadwerks and still got the seam.

Spaceboxforth.png.5eb0726ff50d97976651233b085510f2.png

Does anyone else have this problem. I'm starting to think its Leadwerks Skybox shader.

It's definitely a texture problem, it's not correctly sized for the skybox, here I've created a terragen skybox and it works very well.It's definitely a texture problem, it's not correctly sized for the skybox, here I've created a terragen skybox and it works very well.

image.thumb.png.0202172f399d5f6e37228f8538d74fb0.png

Final test with jpg 2.5 megas.
I think it looks good.

My hypothesis is that the cube is created for a predetermined size in relation to the texture, so it needs a large texture.

Finally, the good thing about this is that I learned to create a skybox, I had reference to another method that seemed like a nightmare to me. 

Fishis!!

Making the texture bigger is just hiding the problem. This should not be happening at all. I have never seen this occur.

• Like 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Making the texture bigger is just hiding the problem. This should not be happening at all. I have never seen this occur.

If you totally agree, but it's the only solution at the moment, because it shouldn't be that way, it should work with any texture regardless of its size. But I don't know why this happens.

In such a case it is a partial solution.

• Josh locked this topic