Map files don't age well.

Hello,

Not much I can report on this one, but I have prove that shadows and material rotations get corrupted. These shots were from a map from Summer 2017. The shadows are messed up in-game, but the brush face rotation doesn't happen until the map is loaded back in the editor. The screen shot below is running the game as-is as I zipped it in late 2017. (Version 4.3/4.4 I think...)

image.thumb.png.2bfdde935527f17a5fc3b443490b9f8c.png

Here are some editor shots Showing that the material's rotation on faces gets corrupted somehow and goes back to 0 for the rotation (While in the game, they are as I set it.)

screenshot3.thumb.jpg.6e549ddd565092c08c57092b0dcdf66d.jpgscreenshot2.thumb.jpg.debb34fdf8f85a7a3422b5fb987a4bb1.jpg

Let me know if you need my project in full. In-fact the AI and Events map has the blocky shadow issues if I recall correctly.

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

What do you need? my map, the project? Mind you, the complete project is over a gig!

I didn't really provide because I'm not sure what to provide. The shadow issue is present in the SDK AI and Events map. Just create a new MyGame Project and the shadow issue is right in front of you. This seems to be an issue with lighting set on medium. Moving the light fixes it. Again, AMD RX480 here.

screenshot6.thumb.jpg.e4de0d4dc497c72cdb3102112ae22a29.jpg

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

I couldn't get my old Cyclone project to recompile. Let me know if you need it to compile for you to test Josh.

For now, I'm sharing this MyGame template in compressed forum with Luawerks installed to easily play with settings/maps. This showcases the shadow issues I'm witnessing.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AunSDJ8Se0vXiTy_uq3dVhRlm3ZP

I'm experiencing this with an AMD RX480 when the light quality is set to medium when I play the AI and Events map. When you set the light quality to high, it corrects itself. This does not happen with newer maps/projects.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Ran the demo on my Linux machine which has a 1050Ti. Everything fine there.

This has to do with light quality being set to medium or lower, and might be AMD exclusive. If there are any other Windows+AMD folks to confirm this, let me know!

• Josh locked this topic