Basic AI Test

mdgunn

I've returned to some AI combat work.  Personally I find this sort of thing takes a long time to iron out what with all the animations and debugging scripts. 

I've gone back to basics and worked at getting the basic monster ai (MELEE AI) and soldier ai (FIRING AI) working with a couple of test models.  IMHO this is a good starting point from which to build.   Stock sound effects and visual effects.   

Long way to go but there's some satisfaction in surviving and taking down enemies.

Yep this is good.Dont need other effect for now, tank is pretty badass.

Have a map with this kind of enemies after cryo room.

Then we could add some simple variety:

-tank teleporting randomly across the level

-immobile tank (like a turret)

Ill have some time today will do some things for cryo level and vr.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

3 hours ago, aiaf said:

Yep this is good.Dont need other effect for now, tank is pretty badass.

Have a map with this kind of enemies after cryo room.

Then we could add some simple variety:

-tank teleporting randomly across the level

-immobile tank (like a turret)

Ill have some time today will do some things for cryo level and vr.

I will consider how to get some minimal fun behaviours into a first cut of combat and consider your suggestions along with what I have in mind as a backlog of intended first things to complete.

I have always found the cryo room a little confusing (sorrt) as I've mentioned. In principle there's some interesting deep mechanics but I strongly thing that it should be phased in some way so that on first encounter it's is visually easy to determine what is needed if possible even without any reading.  This might be possible. 

I think you are OK with me tweaking the look of the room (maybe those missing blocks or some simple architecture?). Let me know if you want me to do or not do certain things.

In the same vein if you would prefer I put in place mechanics in the cryo room let me know.  Maybe you feel it works best if I model and you script.  

I think I probably do need to get back to scripting in the cryo room , particularly with cinematic elements with the initial room entry and the enemy ball thing.  I may look at scripting out the other things such as health station, doors, lights (alarm state and normal state) and other things.  We may need to discuss about remaining scripting. 

If you have limited time and want to focus on your other project and do only bits on this one fine too. 

Sure go for it with the changes for cryo room and mechanics.

I want to keep some of the text boxes descriptions if possible it gives some interactive fiction feel i like.I can add them back when your done with the level.

But for vr room i dont think it can be done without the reading.

I think ill start to experiment with another strange room :) i have some ideas.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station