Lazlo Bonin

Global Feature Request

I just thought this might be a good idea, based on the forum archive suggestions.

This way we don't have a million threads for the same request.

Hope the list covers most of it. I could only take 20 choices.

It's a nice poll and I voted to keep Josh busy with coding. :D

But like I wrote in my review at Devmaster I would like to see existing stuff rock solid and polished.

For example smooth blending from one to another LoD model and not this "popping effect" or simply more vegetation layers.

We have 19 vegetation layers now which is great but a bigger/scalable layer window would be nice too. Or the ability to paint more then one vegetation asset at once like a Ctrl+Click selection.

These things are more important because it saves time (so I can do more in less time which results in more money for my work in less time, hehe).

Finish one feature fix bugs and release the update. This would be nice. Like an evolution. :D

It's a nice poll and I voted to keep Josh busy with coding. :D

But like I wrote in my review at Devmaster I would like to see existing stuff rock solid and polished.

For example smooth blending from one to another LoD model and not this "popping effect" or simply more vegetation layers.

We have 19 vegetation layers now which is great but a bigger/scalable layer window would be nice too. Or the ability to paint more then one vegetation asset at once like a Ctrl+Click selection.

These things are more important because it saves time (so I can do more in less time which results in more money for my work in less time, hehe).

Finish one feature fix bugs and release the update. This would be nice. Like an evolution. :D

I totally agree with the fact that some features need to be polished. This list assumes they are, unless Josh gets bored with polishing. ;)

Please don't take this the wrong way.. but isn't it a little early to be thinking of such things?

It's not quite early since it's just a list. Josh doesn't need to do any of these.

Who would not want all of these? This is kinda pointless.

It's "Which features do you want most?" and not "Which features do you want?" ;)

As of 09/11/28, leading requests:

1. Global Illumination
  2. Ocean Water
  3. Destructible Physics
  4. River Tools
  5. Additional Terrain Layers
  6. Anti-aliasing
  7. OpenGL 3 Support
  8. Interactive Water