First Simplified Cut of Restored VR room

mdgunn

Exploring the idea that the broken up level becomes less broken as tasks accomplished.  This is first test example of what final room might be like.  Trying to get a basic feel.  Want it to be fairly sparse room with a calming waterfall and somewhere to sit with a VR version of a comptuter and the AI present as the monolith and heads.  There could be counter part room (based on this one) in the real work with the monolith (acting as the housing of the computer AI) along with more cluttered physical environment (few cooling pipes) ventilation vents, additional computing cases or exposed motherboards in processing stacks .  Would be a simple room where you might complete a manual task (e.g. to restore final AI capabilities). Room might be at far end of second room and maybe you do manual action in order to be able to allow the AI to get the outer doors open or something..

screenshot172.thumb.jpg.bf0ae8b0ce1b9be33c4d3fc4a053a31b.jpg

Looking great.

There could be counter part room (based on this one) in the real work with the monolith (acting as the housing of the computer AI) along with more cluttered physical environment (few cooling pipes) ventilation vents, additional computing cases or exposed motherboards in processing stacks .  Would be a simple room where you might complete a manual task (e.g. to restore final AI capabilities). Room might be at far end of second room and maybe you do manual action in order to be able to allow the AI to get the outer doors open or something..

So this is intended as a real computer room in the ship to trigger vr ? and some other thing.Thats what i understand.And i think is a great idea more things to explore on the ship.

Or will be the vr level ?

But i also like that level3 with the holes in the ground, we should use that also for something.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

Sorry I didn't explain to well to bring everything together.  My thinking was that we start with the level with holes as we have now. Then if we are to return to VR room several times then the room changes over time simple by moving missing blocks back into place and showing previously hidden final room items.   For example, the floor starts with blocks and the current electronic looking texture but a few hints of normal final structure, like a few standard black floor textures and perhaps a desk or stool in place. 

Next time we come back we would unhide more 'final' stage items, more flooring filling in gaps etc. Eventually the room is in something like shown above (probably not that exactly).  I took the basic room dimensions of the room actually from the current VR room.   

The current level 3 is supposed to be virtual isn't it?  The virtual room I show above could look even more virtual and impossible but I also wanted it to look slightly real like the rest of the ship though it doesn't need to. 

I was thinking that the virtual final rebuilt VR room could also look like the real world VR room counterpart. Or, it be the room that houses the AI computers rather than specifically a VR specific room, but seems sensible that in an AI computer room you'd definitely have a VR link and when you go into VR it might well default to looking like a cleaner virtual version of the room you came in from. 

I'm open really.  I thought I'd explore it.  It just provides an easy way to help ground our levels  in a coherent environment.

If you'd prefer to just leave level 3 as is and keep it looking MORE different so that everywhere does NOT look the same then also fine with that.   I may at least use this room as a room to house the AI computer where you go to before you exit the main ship.

I am also pushing forward a bit on the bit outside the ship and am still conscious of moving forwards to an end point rather than adding on too many new things. 

Just asking as i was not sure what you had in mind.

Is nice concept we should go with this.And VR room will be more interesting because of this.

Probably you will need several maps of VR room in different state of change.

When we have this levels more or less final ill step in to help with dialogs and other stuff.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

I was hoping to get away with just the one map if it can be made practical.  I saw it working something like this. there is a pivot which has children which are all the bits that need to show and hide at each stage. Turning on/off the pivot will show hide the children and make them non-collidable.  To get the final look you just turn on all the 'stage' pivots.  If you want to modify the contents of any stage you just drag and drop one item from one stage to the other.   It could be that in practice this is a pain and not practical if there are lots and lots of items but in principal it seems like it might work and others could tweak at editor level rather than needing to dive into codes or try to compare and sync different maps. 

I'll give it a test when I can and post back.