From Ship To Surface

mdgunn

We need to decide how much we want to put between ship and surface.   I have a short map section that could cover getting out of ship and then through a short temple like bit to an excavation pit and temple entrance. I will post below.  I am thinking though that this gives us some options to insert one or many other sections at this point if we have the straight forward route blocked, on purpose by enemy or others or accident by being collapsed due to age.  The player must then go through some other bits like cave or factory area etc.   As we have much of the story and tricky integrated level bits done these levels can probably be much simpler in nature, though I think they should still be of good quality, and we need to be harsh about this I would say. 

I think I will try to bring back in my first test level as some sort of factory area with partially assembled bots and storage area or something.

I don't want to extend the amount of time it takes to get to a v1 though, if others don't want to so if everyone is keen to just get a v1 then we can just use the ship to surface map (with no blocked area) and continue polishing existing areas up.  May depends if others want to get old stuff back in and/or if they have the time to do it.

Alternatively might depend on if people would prefer for getting quick to surface and seeing if we can get the ship off the ground and into an island form with some sort of finish around that sort of situation.

Here is the map I am working on that provides ship to surface option and possibility to either end quickly or for us to insert more work in between. May need to expand to read text.

ship-to-sufrace.thumb.png.0b86fa01b0173a42909614f71c916909.png

Reverse view.

screenshot181.thumb.jpg.9d3503c3af8ce5a06c5835d8232bd74c.jpg

First map as it was but to possibly be re-purposed to factory/staging area.

factory.thumb.png.fb6c068592d9a1bff0cb83162f666232.png

Edited by mdgunn
small edit

I dont know, i think besides me, Slas may have some time.Thirsty was not active for some time ,and the rest of the people were active at beginning only.

But i think maybe after release v1 , we could get some more people interested, ar at least i hope.

I think I will try to bring back in my first test level as some sort of factory area with partially assembled bots and storage area or something.

From my part you can go with it , i will try to help if i can.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station