Project Forth: Simple Monitor Display Rotating Images

mdgunn

Let's us show a bit of 'story' via some static rotating images.  When alarm going of it might show some schematic type images of the cube with an arrow next to planet, or the sphere emerging from the cube, or whatever.   It could hint at what current mission/situation is. So after alarm of and time to go to VR level maybe it flicks through some VR images or shows the headset. 

Currently it's very simple. Could be more flexible but sufficient for testing the concept.

I think is good as final version also, adds flavor to the room.

Let's discuss to figure out order of events:

Player must blackout to enter second sleep level.

So what will trigger the alarm? It will be before or after blackout?

The headset to enter vr will appear after blackout? 

User must enter vr to input the commands:

start/restart computer 

activate health station

Input exit command to come back to cryo room and heal itself.And that finish the vr part for now.

What other events you have in mind?

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

OK I am putting together some notes....they are a bit scrappy.  I can neaten them up later....here is a suggested scenario so far (perhaps not entirely inline with the detail in the original doc but I'm considering either bringing it closer if it makes sense....or not if it doesn't - depending on if final implemented story ties into a back-story or not).

(rememeber I will update and perhaps review later - I only have limited time now but wanted to start making some notes).

(From Start Menu)
- Space to Planet Cutscene - cube passes from space down to planet surface (fade to white - as if in cloud)
- Sky to Ground Cutscene - Cube passes over landscape, underground base and ship scanned through ground, circles above site, descends through surface vent, swoops through temple-like structure, down lava (near ship exit) filled tunnel to land near head of ship (outside sitting area of cryo room but main ship interior level not loaded here - probably) fade to black
- [Fade from black] - stationary cube opens on ground revealing sphere - Manupulating arms lift sphere and examine it near entry suction vent tube but it does not pass inside. (consider if sphere should somehow interface with ship and kill off subjects 0-3).
Alarm sounds. Ship AI is aware of threat now.  AI Attempts to revive subject 004 resulting in subject 004 entering level 001
- [LEVEL 01] Subject explores level 1 eventually reaches goal point to trigger exit from sleep and waking in already open pod 004 in LEVEL 02. 
- [LEVEL 02] subject 004 falls to floor (physics body or camera path). Fade to black...few seconds of black...fade from black.  004 can now explore room.  First actions expected to be to heal and/or turn of the alarm, prompted by visual clues of low health and of flashing alarm button. After this viewer can gather some information from text logs on TABLET ON TABLE, TABLET IN LOCKER.  Wall monitor will show images suggesting sphere had landed and is attempting to enter the ship. Flashing light/indicator on monitor (or table display monitor) invites user to interact.  THis prompts text log and/or voice log from AI of the situation (unless they have been told this during level 001 - If they have can be update on next objectives from AI).  

Feel free to suggest alternatives.  Also it may be a little hard to read so that will be my fault having to rush.

(From Start Menu)
- Space to Planet Cutscene - cube passes from space down to planet surface (fade to white - as if in cloud)
- Sky to Ground Cutscene - Cube passes over landscape, underground base and ship scanned through ground, circles above site, descends through surface vent, swoops through temple-like structure, down lava (near ship exit) filled tunnel to land near head of ship (outside sitting area of cryo room but main ship interior level not loaded here - probably) fade to black
- [Fade from black] - stationary cube opens on ground revealing sphere - Manupulating arms lift sphere and examine it near entry suction vent tube but it does not pass inside. (consider if sphere should somehow interface with ship and kill off subjects 0-3).
Alarm sounds. Ship AI is aware of threat now.  AI Attempts to revive subject 004 resulting in subject 004 entering level 001
- [LEVEL 01] Subject explores level 1 eventually reaches goal point to trigger exit from sleep and waking in already open pod 004 in LEVEL 02. 

Agree.

[LEVEL 02] subject 004 falls to floor (physics body or camera path). Fade to black...few seconds of black...fade from black.  004 can now explore room.  First actions expected to be to heal and/or turn of the alarm, prompted by visual clues of low health and of flashing alarm button. After this viewer can gather some information from text logs on TABLET ON TABLE, TABLET IN LOCKER.  Wall monitor will show images suggesting sphere had landed and is attempting to enter the ship. Flashing light/indicator on monitor (or table display monitor) invites user to interact.  THis prompts text log and/or voice log from AI of the situation (unless they have been told this during level 001 - If they have can be update on next objectives from AI).   

This sounds good but you are totally missing from this what happens with level03 VR and level01a second sleep.

In my above post is described what is implemented now in vr level.

Vr level is meant to be reusable from different levels , it has commands and must have effects in real ship rooms.

- [LEVEL02 - alternate 1] subject 004 falls to floor (physics body or camera path). Fade to black...few seconds of black...fade from black.  004 can now explore room.Computer is malfunctioning and there is some info on some tablets(as you mentioned) that should enter vr to fix it.

004 is severely wounded, Enters vr by pressing some headset (will do this actions inside vr start/restart computer and activate the heal station).

After exit from  vr (back in level02) 004 crawls towards the heal station and when near it another blackout (fade in/out to black) that loads level01a.

Level01a is finished, 004 wakes up near heal station almost dead and use it to heal himself.

[LEVEL 02 - alternate 2] The same with what you said in your post.

There will be a special real life room in the ship that has a chair and a vr headset. So all initial events with the sphere will not need the vr, will be available later.

Second sleep level triggers when you actually go to sleep in a bed somewhere.

I dont know.

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station