C++ build , LNK1104 File "libcpmtd.lib" cannot be opened.

I tried opening a fresh Leadwerks project in c++, but when I tried to build it, I got the following error:

LNK1104 File "libcpmtd.lib" cannot be opened. 

it has to do with the Linker ? There were some ancient threads but they didn't help me.

In the tutorials where it says Build > Run Without Debugging, I couldn't find it, the closest thing I found was Debug > Start without debugging so there is probably a mistake in the tutorial.

No matter what I change, even If I remove everything in the main.cpp , when I start it from the editor everything happens as before, so I figured thats not the way it works.

Still I haven't been able to fix this.

3 hours ago, gamecreator said:

Do you have an old Visual Studio?  The Steam page says at least 2015 is required.  I use 2017 with no issues.

3 hours ago, reepblue said:

You need Visual Studio 2017.

I am using visual studio 2017 community

I have german visual studio, but translated there is another message:

Warning MSB8038 Spectre sharpening is enabled, but no defused Spectre libraries were found. Make sure that the Visual Studio workload contains the mitigated Spectre libraries. For more information, see https://aka.ms/Ofhn4c. test2 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VCTargets\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets 402    

• Confused 1

The warning about spectre does not have anything to do with that linker error. Could you verify that the lib-file exists? It should be most likely in (the number might differ)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\lib\x86\libcpmtd.lib

Furthermore make sure, the path, where you found the library is found in the Library Directories (in the expanded form of the $(VC_LibraryPath_x86) variable) of your active configuration (see image below)

image.thumb.png.c8e2fae14ba35e16d7b0b12b5c74e0d9.png

Also make sure, you are using the correct platform toolset: General -> Platform Toolset should be set to "Visual Studio 2017 (v141)" (at least it is for me ;) )

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...