Test animation run and walk

Yue

29 minutes ago, gamecreator said:

Good start.  It looks like the run is just a faster walk animation.  I suggest doing a separate run animation.  It will make a big difference.

I created the animation run, now it's just implement it in the game.

4 hours ago, Marcousik said:

I think FPS are too low for this scene, I mean maybe getting lost somewhere in scripting ? (or sorry it is only debug mode?)

I'm sorry to disappoint you, the result of those low fps is that my machine is very old. At that point I don't think I can get very far with the project, this has a lot of lag. It seems that it will be another learning project. 

In debug mode the FPS is at 5 /9.

It's terrible, but I have to settle for that.

you find debug mode can slow down a lot of thing 

i would not worry about it 

just make it run as fast as you can on your machine, then you know if it run fast for you on other people machine it be faster 

• Upvote 1

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

2 minutes ago, carlb said:

you find debug mode can slow down a lot of thing 

i would not worry about it 

just make it run as fast as you can on your machine, then you know if it run fast for you on other people machine it be faster 

It's not the purification mode, it's the liberation mode. 
image.png.03ef526d6222b5ee0c9c898ac9611c6a.png

But I'm going to try to get as far as I can, working with lag is very terrible. 

48 minutes ago, Iris3D Games said:

But I'm going to try to get as far as I can, working with lag is very terrible. 

You can turn off all shaders, set quality of everything to lowest, turn off shadows, etc.  There are a lot of things you can do to make your game run faster, at least while you're developing it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gamecreator said:

You can turn off all shaders, set quality of everything to lowest, turn off shadows, etc.  There are a lot of things you can do to make your game run faster, at least while you're developing it.

I think this is fixed, what I've noticed is that sometimes the hard drive is doing things in the background and that's when it gets slow. Now I made a video for the power hud test, and this works well.