UpdatePhysics()

SpiderPig

Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Thank you!  That answer led me to finding the problem.  This is how I was getting the NewtonWorld;

NewtonWorld* GetNewtonWorld()
{
	return ((NewtonDynamicsPhysicsDriver*)NewtonDynamicsPhysicsDriver::GetCurrent())->collisionWorld;
}

Which worked for a lot of things but it didn't match when I got the world like this;

Model* bn = Model::Box();
mdl->SetShape(Shape::Box());
auto body = ((NewtonDynamicsBody*)mdl->body)->body;

MainFrame::newtonWorld = NewtonBodyGetWorld(body);

With the later the callbacks worked!

After looking through the Newton SDK I saw a couple of hooks; PreUpdate() and PostUpdate() and I was wondering at what point is the UpdatePhysics() hook called?  Is it before or after physics has been calculated / applied?

I take it then this is a callback in UpdateWorld()?  Updating the physics when the timing is correct?

• Solution
  • PreUpdate()
  • NewtonUpdate()
  • PostUpdate()

The collision world is an extra world for storing collision objects in. The World class has a Simulation object that can be cast to a NewtonDynamicsSimulation object, which contains a member for the Newton world.

• Thanks 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.