Looking for C++ Freelancer

martyj

I'm looking for a C++ freelancer to "port" a library and example project into Windows.

The library is a wrapper around Chromium Embedded Framework.

The example project is just using the library in a Leadwerks sample.

There probably isn't any C++ coding required, but more of CMake configurations. (CMake is a requirement. No Visual Studio projects.)

PM me if you're interested, include your hourly rate, and a resume/work history.

@Josh

How would Upwork work as my task requires the professional C++ license for Leadwerks?

My concern for switching to Steamworks library is I already have CEF working well in my game. I'm just trying to not have to maintain a Visual Studio Project for Windows and CMake project for Linux. If I can get CMake to work on Windows I am set. 

From what I understand, you can use the same CMake script for both platforms. There is a bit of if statements and switches you can implement.

Not getting what's the concern minus the mess of dependences and preprocessors. (Or that's it and you don't want to be bothered, lol)

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

@reepblue

That's the goal. To use a single CMake script for Linux and Windows.

Right now I have to maintain a VS project for Windows, and a CMake for Linux.

There are a lot of caveats to getting CMake for windows to work, such as setting /SUBSYTEM:CONSOLE having the correct MD/MT/MTd flags. Things that normally just work out of the box for visual studio. 

Might not be much help, but here is an example of using cmake for a Super Mario Clone. You can see the definitions for gcc and MSVC.

https://github.com/jakowskidev/uMario_Jakowski?files=1

Cyclone - Ultra Game System - Component PreprocessorTex2TGA - Darkness Awaits Template (Leadwerks)

If you like my work, consider supporting me on Patreon!

So the one major issue I have at the moment is as follows:

mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MT_StaticRelease' doesn't match value 'MD_DynamicRelease'

For some reason it is passing /MDd to the compiler instead of /MT

I will have a look at your CMake project tomorrow to see if I can resolve it based off that.