occlusion culling??

Yue

What is it really? How can I use it to improve performance levels. If I create a lot of cubes, I have performance deterioration, so if I have a single platform I don't have problems, but if I have a lot this goes down to 20 fps.

This is the best I can have in performance, however if I place more elements such as platforms columns walls at the base of the brushes, the fps begins to drop drastically. 

What I'm doing is creating prefabricated elements, putting them on stage and copying them and positioning ourselves to create levels. 

sfkryc.png

Occlusion culling means that geometry not inside the view of the camera, will not be drawn, for performance reasons.

Is good to think of this when designing your level.

But your scene seem simple don't know what the problem could be.

I had at some point 800 instanced cubes in a scene, leadwerks has no problem with that.

• Like 1

I made this with Leadwerks/UAK:

Structura Stacky Desktop Edition

Binary Station

32 minutes ago, aiaf said:

Occlusion culling means that geometry not inside the view of the camera, will not be drawn, for performance reasons.

Is good to think of this when designing your level.

But your scene seem simple don't know what the problem could be.

I had at some point 800 instanced cubes in a scene, leadwerks has no problem with that.

That is to say that if you marked that option in the entity, as a mesh, that mesh is not visualized, it is not rendered when the camera is not looking at it?

By default you don’t need to do anything. Occlusion culling works on entire chunks of the scene, automatically.

your scene has something very wrong with it but no one can tell what by looking at screenshots.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I have discovered something, if under the screen resolution of 1024 x 768 to 640 x 480, this is normalized.

I suppose they are my resources, my experience as a player make me remember when I played GTA IV to the minimum of details and with the smallest screen resolution possible to have a better performance.

PawnT.jpg.6d145dedbf187610249536ac03a8baf3.jpg

It's probably the post-processing effects more than anything else that are causing a slowdown, but since you have VSync enabled the FPS is locked at 60 anyways.

• Like 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

In your scene shown above, nothing would be culled because all objects seem to be visible.

That is to say, if I have a wall and behind that wall there is a box, and the wall has the culling occlusion option marked, then the box behind that wall is not drawn, because the camera is not being visualized?

Just now, Iris3D Games said:

That is to say, if I have a wall and behind that wall there is a box, and the wall has the culling occlusion option marked, then the box behind that wall is not drawn, because the camera is not being visualized?

If per-object occlusion culling is enabled, it will not be drawn. Otherwise it will be skipped only if the entire octree node is hidden. But the occlusion test itself has a cost, so you should not go around enabling this on a per-object basis.

Anyways, your bottleneck is the fragment shader. SSR and SSAO are going to have the biggest performance impact.

• Like 1

I have deactivated the shaders that you mention, but obviously it has to do with the screen resolution, if I use resolution greater than 800 x 600 I have bottleneck. 

For example if I launch the game from the editor I have a frame rate of 23 - 25, if I launch it from the executable by closing the map editor, I have 28 - 30. I think it's because it's an open world, that I have that drawback, but if I think of a closed level with rooms, walls seems to be more manageable the drawback, because what's behind the walls is not drawn until I cross that door and the other closes, then the performance remains at 60 fps.

It's really hard for me to understand with this of the translator, I'm going to deactivate the vertical synchronization as you mentioned. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

In case anyone wants to try this. 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/25uzx6yefdqlf2i/AACiWj6-ClxelluEWFRB2AO3a?dl=0

The new updates to test performance was to go to an internet room and test it on a computer with a gtx 1060 i5 processor and 6 gigs on ram. It ran very well in different screen resolutions, so it's definitely my computing power problem.  At this point nothing to do to continue with this.