Object with Multiple Materials from Blender 2.8

wadaltmon

Hi everyone.

I've got a gun object that has been created with Blender, and with textures/maps imported from Substance Painter. It's a single gun, but it's made up of several objects each with different materials and map sets (diffuse, normal, etc.). I've got these imported into the Blender 2.8 shading tab with their own nodes , and I also modified the overall specular value in the nodes too, but that should not be an issue as I think you can modify that in LW's material editor.

I'd like to export the gun as an FBX to use as my first-person view model, and texture it with all of these maps and materials. Does Leadwerks allow me to use multiple materials on the same FBX model? If so, how would I go about doing so?

It is also worth noting I plan on using a pseudo-PBR shader, as seen here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=401506836&searchtext=Pbr . As such, I have a diffuse map, normal map, specular map (inverted roughness map colors), metallic map, and a skybox map (probably from the default skybox given with Leadwerks).

3 hours ago, gamecreator said:

I don't use Blender so I can't help with the rest of your question but yes, Leadwerks supports multiple textures on a single model.

I have the maps themselves already exported from Substance Painter, just displaying them in Blender by basically assigning all those maps to separate objects in Blender (assign each individual object its own set of diffuse, normal, metallic, roughness). So I probably won't actually be re-exporting the maps from Blender, just the model itself will be exported.

So in LW, does each texture that I apply have to be UV mapped to the overall model, or could it be UV mapped to a given subset of vertices on the model after I export it all as a single FBX?

Sorry if I don't use the proper terminology with this stuff; I'm not hugely entrenched in the whole art aspect of games creation.